Unlocking unRaid Shares from Alternate OS (SOLVED)

Telcar

I try not to bother you guys but this was important enough to me that i thought i would. If you plug an unRaid drive into a different os or booting the server from a different os, the unRaid shares are locked and you cant modify them. Now how do i unlock then to modify the files. Do i have to boot unraid and change the security of each share to public or what? Is there a way to unlock them with out unRaid, with out messing anything up? 

Edited by Telcar

Will that unlock it permanently or until next unmount or, will it unlock it in the GUI or will i have to work in the terminal, and that want mess anything up in unRaid and is the command exactly or is the 0777 need to be the share password from unraid? And thanks Squid for such a speed reply.

6 minutes ago, Telcar said:

permanently

And it will give RW access to anyone and everyone

7 minutes ago, Telcar said:

mess anything up in unRaid

You won't.  BUT, be aware that any changes to the drive outside of unRaid (including running that command) will invalidate parity if/when you put the drive back into your server.

• Like 1