Cache Drive Full

Return from work to find out cache drive is full! None of my dockers are running, lack of space I presume. How do I get stuff off cache drive onto array? The folder where completed torrents go to doesn’t use the cache drive after mover stopped working. I’m stumped. I was binhex krusader to manually move stuff from cache to array. Is there a windows utility that I can use to move data from cache drive to array?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The question you should be asking is what location on the cache drive contains the files you want moved to the array?    You should make sure that the User Share corresponding to that location has a Use Cache setting of Yes if you want mover to move files from cache to array.

If you want to do from Windows what is wrong with the standard Windows File Explorer?

The question you should be asking is what location on the cache drive contains the files you want moved to the array?    You should make sure that the User Share corresponding to that location has a Use Cache setting of Yes if you want mover to move files from cache to array.

If you want to do from Windows what is wrong with the standard Windows File Explorer?

The share is set to use cache drive. When I click mover it says “disabled-mover is running” refresh the page it says “move now” Mover doesn’t work anymore that’s why I was using binhex krusader.

The only thing way I can browse to the cache drive is from the main tab & clicking the folder icon extreme right under where it says view. Clicking through to find the right folder. But I can do nothing there?

18 hours ago, John_M said:

My suggestion is that you enable mover logging (Settings -> Scheduler -> Mover settings), then try to run the mover manually and when it finishes grab diagnostics and post the zip. One think to remember is that the mover can't move files that are in use.

tower-diagnostics-20191021-2005.zip

Here's the diagnostic zip after running mover. There are no dockers running, cache drive is full.

The mover is working in so far as it can. It runs every hour on the hour and moves files in the appdata share from the cache to the array because you have the appdata share set as cache-yes. In normal circumstances I would expect appdata to be set as cache-prefer or maybe cache-only, but I assume you changed it to cache-yes in order to try to free up some space on your cache. Some folders can't be removed from the cache because it appears that they are not empty.

You have a number of shares that are set as cache-no. If files belonging to these shares happen to be on the cache, then they are trapped there and won't be moved on to the array. I suggest you change them to cache-yes temporarily and run the mover, then set them back to cache-no.

You can go to the Shares page of the GUI and click the Compute All button to display where the contents of each share is located.

You have two shares that are set with a split level of 1, which has precedence over the high water allocation method. These are set to cache-prefer. That seems like a troublesome combination, given the fact that so many of your array disks are full. You might want to review that. The shares are called "d..s" and "s..m" (the exact names are redacted in your diagnostics).

Don't forget that you can enable help in the GUI if you're unsure about the various options.

Your docker.img is corrupt so it needs to be deleted (Settings -> Docker - disable the docker service and you then have an option to delete the image file). I wouldn't try to re-create it just yet, until the problem of your cache being full is resolved.

You're running a very old version of Unraid.

Edited by John_M
grammar

I thought I’d try something I did before, swap out the cache drives one by one with a bigger one, starting the server each time a drive is changed. Worked before, not this time [emoji24] I’ve put the original drives back in but the docker service won’t start. I’ve tried turning it off & on no luck.

The data is still there on the cache drive, if I put in the larger cache drives rebuild my dockers from scratch, get mover working, connect the old cache drives to unused sata ports on mobo will I b able to access them using binhex krusade ?

While I’m at it I may upgrade will it break my vm?
I can’t seem to find do’s & don’ts for upgrading unraid. This was the original cause of all my problems.