Unraid 6.8.0 - Corrupt databases and other problems

salamuel

I've been running an Unraid server now for about a year, and constantly new problems pop up. I'm really running out of ideas, and starting to think it might be a hardware problem.

- Every few weeks my databases are corrupted in docker containers with Plex, Sonarr or Radarr.

I then have to reset the containers and set them up again. Once or twice I also had to delete the Docker Image to get it working again.

The errors mostly don't look the same, currently it says "Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries" in both Radarr and Sonarr containers (since upgrade to Unraid 6.8.0 a few days ago)

- There used to be an issue where the web interface of Unraid would not fail loading, and I'd have to restart the machine over ssh or manually. This hasn't happened in a few months, i think.

- SabNzbd fails to unpack like 80% of all downloads ("Corrupt Rar File"). I can download and unpack the same files without a problem on my NAS, which has the same SabNzbd config.

- Other small problems sometimes come up such as weird video artifacts when streaming on Plex, general performance issues in Plex (long loading times, not being able to load at all - even though I'm on a fast gigabit connection).

At one point I replaced my cache SSD. I think it ran for a few weeks, but then the problems started appearing again.

Could this be a hardware error or incompatibility? Or maybe I configured something wrong?

I'm thinking about just building a new server, and thought I'd ask for help here as a last resort.

servelat-diagnostics-20191217-1606.zip

Your docker image is corrupt. And your system share has files on the array instead of all on cache where it belongs.

Disable Docker service, delete and recreate your docker image, then you can install your dockers just as they were using the Previous Apps feature on the Apps page.

Do you have any VMs?

8 minutes ago, trurl said:

Your docker image is corrupt. And your system share has files on the array instead of all on cache where it belongs.

Disable Docker service, delete and recreate your docker image, then you can install your dockers just as they were using the Previous Apps feature on the Apps page.

Do you have any VMs?

This is weird, why are there system files on the array when I set Cache:Prefer on that share? And how can I move them to the cache?

I have already recreated my docker image a few times, it always gets corrupted again after a few days or weeks.

I don't have any VMs, just docker containers.

5 minutes ago, salamuel said:

This is weird, why are there system files on the array when I set Cache:Prefer on that share? And how can I move them to the cache?

I have already recreated my docker image a few times, it always gets corrupted again after a few days or weeks.

I don't have any VMs, just docker containers.

If you enabled docker or VM services (and you do have VM service enabled despite not using it) before you install cache, then their images get created on the array. And since mover can't move open files, they can't be moved while those services are enabled.

The disk that has system share files on it is disk1. Click on the folder icon at far right of disk1, then click on the system folder to drill down into that, and post a screenshot.

3 minutes ago, trurl said:

If you enabled docker or VM services (and you do have VM service enabled despite not using it) before you install cache, then their images get created on the array. And since mover can't move open files, they can't be moved while those services are enabled.

The disk that has system share files on it is disk1. Click on the folder icon at far right of disk1, then click on the system folder to drill down into that, and post a screenshot.

The system folder on disk1 only contains libvirt/libvirt1.img (1.07gb). Could this be a problem?

Just now, salamuel said:

The system folder on disk1 only contains libvirt/libvirt1.img (1.07gb). Could this be a problem?

Probably not, but you might as well disable VMs and delete the image since you don't need it and you don't want it on the array if you do need it.

Your diversity of symptoms does suggest RAM as mentioned.