WebGUI not responding

FreeMan

Does redoing the flash drive still fix it? If yes it suggests some issue with a plugin/config, you need to reconfigure one thing at a time until you find the culprit.
Haven't tried doing that again, but I guess I will. I'll also give a think to exactly what this machine needs to have running on it - it should be a very small set of additions to the base OS.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Started from scratch again with the same USB stick. Somehow, I managed to copy over all of my docker config, though I didn't intend to, but it led me directly to the problem!

I have these dockers installed:

• Binhex-preclear (stopped)
  • DiskSpeed (stopped)
  • DuckDNS (stopped)
  • OpenVPN-AS (stopped)
  • ZeroTier (Auto-started)

I have these plugins currently installed:

• CA
  • CA Auto Update
  • ControlR
  • Dynamix File Integrity
  • Dynamix SSD TRIM
  • Dynamix WireGuard

I rebooted after installing and configuring each plugin. Everything was fine until I enabled WireGuard. As soon as I did "Import Tunnel" (pulling in the same config file I created on my primary server and have used previously) then activated the tunnel, I lost connection to the GUI and could not even connect using PuTTY.

image.png.4fe209cca3f47da8901df26a67519780.png

I logged in at the console and issued "powerdown".

When the server came back up, I started with GUI at the console and logged in to disable the WireGuard auto-start (which I'd also selected). Auto-start was disabled, so it looks like whatever happened happened before the server could store this setting. Of course, I did not pull diagnostics before rebooting - that would have made sense. :/

The current diagnostics (after the reboot, timestamp 1821) are attached. 

It seems that I can recreate at will by activating the WireGuard tunnel (click the "Inactive" slider to "Active", click the "Done" button). The diagnostics pulled from the console after doing that but before rebooting the server are also attached (time stamp 1527 - it seems the server is still on PST, while I'm on EST - oops 🤷‍♂️).

I would guess that the issue is a conflict between ZeroTier and WireGuard, except, that I had ZT installed and enabled when I first set up WG. I'm going to do some testing to see if it's just WG or the WG/ZT combo that causes it, or if there's something else at play here, too.

Any additional suggestions are more than welcome!

backup-diagnostics-20200122-1821.zip backup-diagnostics-20200122-1527.zip

• 2 years later...
On 12/29/2019 at 1:20 AM, FreeMan said:

Edited the file (used Notepad++ on my Win10 machine - it is set to preserve line endings, so I did not overwrite LF with CRLF) and rebooted. I can still access it via SMB from Win10 and can SSH in, but still no GUI, but now I can't ping it and it's not responding to ControlR.

Fresh diagnostics (just to be 100% that I didn't botch the file edit - nothing looked weird on a 'cat ident.cfg' from a command line).

backup-diagnostics-20191228-1811.zip 89.45 kB · 1 download

Thank you this helped!
I changed the IP for the server from dynamic to static on the router and it wouldn't open GUI, putting USE_SLL to "no" instead of "auto" immediately made it work. But I'm not sure if this was something I changed.. I'm confused