We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Product Registration

I am stuck at the Registration Page with a Flash GUID string, when I click on "GET TRIAL KEY" > "START TRIAL"  End-User License popup nothing happens, because at the bottom of the page "Check Ethernet Cable" error.

In order to get the Ethernet to function and connect, I need to move a file through a USB port.

I have successfully "root" username into the Tower, I am obviously at the registration Unraid interface.

Within the Unraid 6.8.0 webGui I am now at the "Tools" tab > (follow me) > click on System Devices (localhost/Tools/SysDevs) > USB Devices

This is where I can find the Bus, Device, ID of where I can locate the USB drive I plan on plugging into to move an archlinux file. In hope to successfully initialize the connection to the product registration to complete the next step to get Unraid up and running properly.

I know nothing about linux and the command line structure looks similar to DOS cmd.exe commands, to get this far in troubleshooting to the registration page.

The question is how do I move the USB EasyTether driver file into the Unraid file structure, once the driver is dropped in, I should be able to have a connection to begin my adventure with Unraid and perhaps learn to enjoy what linux has to offer as my time with Mircosoft and Winblows comes to an end.

Im getting 20,000 port pings a minute from china alone on top of google and everywhere else, im sick of reinstalling OS on 5 computers every other month.

Tower Kernel ACPI: Early table checksum verification disabled

Tower Kernel ACPI: acpi: PNP0A08 _OSC failed (AE_NOT_FOUND) ; disabling ASPM

Tower Kernel ACPI: pci_bus 0000:ff bus_res: can not insert [bus ff] under domain [bus 00-ff] (conflicts with (null) [bus 00-ff])

Tower Kernel ACPI: pci_bus 0000:ff bus_res: can not insert [bus ff] under domain [bus 00-ff] (conflicts with (null) [bus 00-ff])

RED Tower kernel: CPU: 1 PID: 1 Comm: swapper/0 Tainted: G    I     4.19.88-Unraid #1

RED Tower kernel: Call Trace:

RED Tower kernel: CPU: 1 PID: 1 Comm: swapper/0 Tainted: G    W I     4.19.88-Unraid #1

Tower kernel: DMAR: Mapping reserved region failed

RED Tower kernel: CPU: 7 PID: 1 Comm: swapper/0 Tainted: G    W I     4.19.88-Unraid #1

Half a dozen more as above

in the system log, is this normal?

Tower kernel : Ethernet Channel Bonding Driver: v3.7.1 (April 27, 2011)

loaded correctly and listening to ports (not used)

RED Tower kernnel : read_file error 2 opening /boot/config/super.dat

Tower emhttpd: Unregistered - unregistered (ENOKEYFILE)

Edited by reCAPTCHA I'm a robot
as discribed
49 minutes ago, reCAPTCHA I'm a robot said:

Im getting 20,000 port pings a minute from china alone on top of google and everywhere else, im sick of reinstalling OS on 5 computers every other month.

I don't understand. Are you putting your server, maybe even other computers, directly on the internet?

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete diagnostics zip file to your NEXT post.

Yes, let me help you understand. How do I go about getting registered for a trial key. I see the GUID for the Unraid USB on the most hacked machine compromised MAC ID that the USB is plugged into. Ironically not being connected to the outside relentless port pinged IP address, this machine is currently is idle at not encountering any problems at the moment as I twiddle my thumbs up my as on an Unraid trial key.

give me a minute to get the file request...

2 hours ago, trurl said:

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete diagnostics zip file to your NEXT post.

It appears to be saving to local disk?

I am looking around the GUI Unraid interface, what is this OS a browser? Perhaps linux is somewhere.

Will it help me to learn and understand HTML and JavaScript for the browser part? I see inspect element and poked around in it a bit.

Is Unraid some type of the term known as a Distro and is it based on linux 4.19?

I found something, login -f root

localhost/webterminal/

at this point, this is similar to windows/Dos cmd Basic command line structure.

Oh, I also discovered, just now the lime in the lower left and see terminal there as well...facepalm.

Is this how I communicate and work with the OS? the OS appears to be linux 4.19.88 - Unraid

Is linux 4.19.88 the OS language I need to learn, now I discovered the deep end of the shark tank?

what is linux 4.19.88 - bash? The GUI part

#neofetch

I am wondering if Unraid is archlinux without wifi support?

12 hours ago, reCAPTCHA I'm a robot said:

I see the GUID for the Unraid USB on the most hacked machine compromised MAC ID

Most of the rest of your posts seem better left for some other time.

This part I quoted above is the thing that needs to be taken care of in order to get a trial key.

What do you mean "most hacked machine". Why is it hacked? You must put your server behind a firewall, such as a router, and it must have access to the internet so it can get the trial key from the limetech servers. And while you are still on a trial license, it must be able to "phone home" to the limetech server.

17 hours ago, reCAPTCHA I'm a robot said:

Ok, I have one not plugged into nothing at the moment, what is the Ethernet port being used for? Other than an isolated intr"a"net to be surrounded by rings of vertiaul machines sandboxies that may come into contact with virus infected internet.

The kind of computer is just a tiny vm firewall

2 hours ago, trurl said:

Most of the rest of your posts seem better left for some other time.

This part I quoted above is the thing that needs to be taken care of in order to get a trial key.

What do you mean "most hacked machine". Why is it hacked? You must put your server behind a firewall, such as a router, and it must have access to the internet so it can get the trial key from the limetech servers. And while you are still on a trial license, it must be able to "phone home" to the limetech server.

Thank you trurl,

Ok, now I understand the need for the Ethernet connection (I was trying to avoid) and when I currently click on the trial button nothing is happening due to Limetech need, I am assuming "phone home" to verify and blacklist the USB GUID?

This high maintenance computer is in quarantined status and isolated, short story> Two virus were located and embedded within the Windows 10 OS again, 20-30 hidden unauthorized email activity discovered before unit being pulled and decommissioned. When I was tracing the file structure for the location source of the emails, the OS partition was nuked, not by me. During OS recovery from this units hard drive partitions encountered problems and OS recovery failed. I moved this machine and pulled a physical spare off the shelf dated Nov 8 and attempted a time machine roll back clone onto the unit. At 98% the clone process error and another hard drive became nuked. I pulled all the hard drives and dropped in three fresh sacrificial rust drives to take a closer look into "Linux"-Unraid to kick Microsoft reoccurring vulnerabilities to the curb. This is my resistance to reestablish an outside connection and attempt a USB transfer of the Unraid trial license. Nothing wrong in that, go figure.

One question about the limetech "phone home", is this a persistent requirement in the need to "phone home" to limetech? Once the USB GUID is established and perhaps blacklisted why would this machine need a persistent phone home outbound requirement?

9 minutes ago, reCAPTCHA I'm a robot said:

is this a persistent requirement in the need to "phone home" to limetech?

No, only the trial (time limited) is required to have an internet connection to start the array. The purchased license validates based on the USB GUID, so as long as your USB stick is connected properly, no need to have internet for basic NAS functionality.

The license is only validated at array start, so theoretically you could start the array then pull the internet to test.

28 minutes ago, reCAPTCHA I'm a robot said:

USB GUID is established and perhaps blacklisted

Your use of the word "blacklisted" is incorrect. A blacklisted GUID is one which cannot be used for an Unraid license, perhaps due to its Globally Unique Identifier not really being unique, or perhaps due to its license having been transferred to another USB and its GUID.

Probably the word you want to use is simply "licensed".

37 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

No, only the trial (time limited) is required to have an internet connection to start the array. The purchased license validates based on the USB GUID, so as long as your USB stick is connected properly, no need to have internet for basic NAS functionality.

The license is only validated at array start, so theoretically you could start the array then pull the internet to test.

Thank you, I will test the phone home behavior and pull the plug on it.

Microsoft Office 360 uses a lot of "phone home" resource behavior processes to relentlessly validate a "site license", this is unacceptable software behavior.

24 minutes ago, trurl said:

Your use of the word "blacklisted" is incorrect. A blacklisted GUID is one which cannot be used for an Unraid license, perhaps due to its Globally Unique Identifier not really being unique, or perhaps due to its license having been transferred to another USB and its GUID.

Probably the word you want to use is simply "licensed".

When the time to purchase arrives, what is the procedure? I will be doing a fresh installation of the purchased product, not the phone home trail version. How do I obtain a CD type media non internet, downloadable off the virus intercepted internet, not desired.

3 hours ago, jonathanm said:

To determine whether or not the download has been altered, there are MD5 checksums alongside each download. As long as the checksum matches, you are safe.

3 hours ago, reCAPTCHA I'm a robot said:

Right, in just like modifying bios and drivers. As long as the same amount of hex characters is met to satisfy an insecurity check sum, the windows WHQL driver can be subverted to meet verification.

Is there a proper procedure to shut down from terminal #exit ?

\\ ***1.) Is there a recommended shut down or log off procedure? Computer is doing stuff in the background when power button is pushed \\

23 hours ago, reCAPTCHA I'm a robot said:

Tower Kernel ACPI: Early table checksum verification disabled

Tower Kernel ACPI: acpi: PNP0A08 _OSC failed (AE_NOT_FOUND) ; disabling ASPM

RED Tower kernel: CPU: 1 PID: 1 Comm: swapper/0 Tainted: G    I     4.19.88-Unraid #1

RED Tower kernel: CPU: 1 PID: 1 Comm: swapper/0 Tainted: G    W I     4.19.88-Unraid #1

Tower kernel: DMAR: Mapping reserved region failed

RED Tower kernel: CPU: 7 PID: 1 Comm: swapper/0 Tainted: G    W I     4.19.88-Unraid #1

Half a dozen more as above

in the system log, is this normal?

Tower kernel : Ethernet Channel Bonding Driver: v3.7.1 (April 27, 2011)

loaded correctly and listening to ports (not used)

RED Tower kernnel : read_file error 2 opening /boot/config/super.dat

Tower emhttpd: Unregistered - unregistered (ENOKEYFILE)

\\ ***2.) I can only assume at this point (lacking answers to questions to be met with diversion from the question and interrogation questions in return) that the Ring0 APIC registers are sniffing the hardware? \\

Tower emhttpd: Unregistered - unregistered (ENOKEYFILE)  ***yep, no trial key.

22 hours ago, trurl said:

I don't understand. Are you putting your server, maybe even other computers, directly on the internet?

That is not working, no Ethernet. Is this information stored on the USB?

\\ ***3.) Will manually moving the USB elsewhere for the internet connection work, it appears USB access on "Tower" is restricted? \\

20 hours ago, reCAPTCHA I'm a robot said:

Small problem, how do I move the Tower syslog.zip off the machine onto a USB drive, too manually juggle into a phone and flip it over to a laptop elsewhere...to get it posted here?

19 hours ago, reCAPTCHA I'm a robot said:

It appears to be saving to local disk?

I am looking around the GUI Unraid interface, what is this OS a browser? Perhaps linux is somewhere.

Will it help me to learn and understand HTML and JavaScript for the browser part? I see inspect element and poked around in it a bit.

Is Unraid some type of the term known as a Distro and is it based on linux 4.19?

\\ ***4.) I know nothing about Unraid or Linux, but the DOS Basic structure is bringing back found memories. \\

Linux 4.19.88 appears to be the OS (operating system)

\\ a.) will it become useful to learn and understand Linux 4.19.88 \\

-bash appears to be an GUI (graphical user interface)

\\ a.) will it become useful to learn and understand HTML and JAVAscript? \\

-Unraid appears to be this medium I need to get a grip upon.

\\ a.) I know nothing about Linux, is -bash and -Unraid something described as Distros? \\

\\ b.) Is ArchLinux  -Unraid is coded and compiled from? I see community involvement and something described as dockers

and plugins? \\

The above is a little more in depth than the mouse or terminal to pin down what I need to learn in why the -Unraid is doing what it does.

31 minutes ago, trurl said:

What do you plan to use Unraid for?

Kicking Microsoft to the curb, my time with Mircosoft and Winblows vulnerabilities comes to an end.

22 hours ago, reCAPTCHA I'm a robot said:

Ok, I have one not plugged into nothing at the moment, what is the Ethernet port being used for? Other than an isolated intr"a"net to be surrounded by rings of vertiaul machines sandboxies that may come into contact with virus infected internet.

The kind of computer is just a tiny vm firewall

3 hours ago, reCAPTCHA I'm a robot said:

Thank you trurl,

Ok, now I understand the need for the Ethernet connection (I was trying to avoid) and when I currently click on the trial button nothing is happening due to Limetech need, I am assuming "phone home" to verify and blacklist the USB GUID?

This high maintenance computer is in quarantined status and isolated, short story> Two virus were located and embedded within the Windows 10 OS again, 20-30 hidden unauthorized email activity discovered before unit being pulled and decommissioned. When I was tracing the file structure for the location source of the emails, the OS partition was nuked, not by me. During OS recovery from this units hard drive partitions encountered problems and OS recovery failed. I moved this machine and pulled a physical spare off the shelf dated Nov 8 and attempted a time machine roll back clone onto the unit. At 98% the clone process error and another hard drive became nuked. I pulled all the hard drives and dropped in three fresh sacrificial rust drives to take a closer look into "Linux"-Unraid to kick Microsoft reoccurring vulnerabilities to the curb. This is my resistance to reestablish an outside connection and attempt a USB transfer of the Unraid trial license. Nothing wrong in that, go figure.

One question about the limetech "phone home", is this a persistent requirement in the need to "phone home" to limetech? Once the USB GUID is established and perhaps blacklisted why would this machine need a persistent phone home outbound requirement?

36 minutes ago, trurl said:

1 hour ago, trurl said:

1 hour ago, reCAPTCHA I'm a robot said:

Kicking Microsoft to the curb, my time with Mircosoft and Winblows vulnerabilities comes to an end.

But why Unraid instead of some real Linux distro? Unraid isn't intended to be a general purpose OS. It is basically a NAS operating system with support for VMs and dockers.

Underneath it is a stripped-down and customized version of slackware Linux. It isn't really even a multi-user OS in the general sense. Only root has access to the command line and webUI. It is designed to be managed from its webUI. The users you can create in the webUI are strictly for the purpose of managing access to the NAS storage over the network.

2 hours ago, reCAPTCHA I'm a robot said:

\\ ***1.) Is there a recommended shut down or log off procedure? Computer is doing stuff in the background when power button is pushed \\

\\ ***2.) I can only assume at this point (lacking answers to questions to be met with diversion from the question and interrogation questions in return) that the Ring0 APIC registers are sniffing the hardware? \\

Tower emhttpd: Unregistered - unregistered (ENOKEYFILE)  ***yep, no trial key.

That is not working, no Ethernet. Is this information stored on the USB?

\\ ***3.) Will manually moving the USB elsewhere for the internet connection work, it appears USB access on "Tower" is restricted? \\

\\ ***4.) I know nothing about Unraid or Linux, but the DOS Basic structure is bringing back found memories. \\

\\ a.) I know nothing about Linux, is -bash and -Unraid something described as Distros? \\

\\ b.) Is ArchLinux  -Unraid is coded and compiled from? I see community involvement and something described as dockers

and plugins? \\

The above is a little more in depth than the mouse or terminal to pin down what I need to learn in why the -Unraid is doing what it does.

*** < \\ > Helps designate attention to a question <  \\

1.)

2.)

3.)

4.) \\ Helps point out the questions \\ Underneath it is a stripped-down and customized version of slackware Linux, Thank you trurl.

\\ ***2.) I can only assume at this point (lacking answers to questions to be met with diversion from the question and interrogation questions in return) \\

and plugins? \\

***1.) \\ ***1.) ?Is there a recommended shut down or log off procedure? Computer is doing stuff in the background when power button is pushed \\ ? > # exit < or does the power button do the same function as # exit?

***2.) (lacking answers to questions to be met with diversion from the question and >interrogation questions< in return)

***3.) \\ ***3.)?Will manually moving the USB elsewhere for the internet connection work?, it appears USB access on "Tower" is restricted? \\

***4.)  \\ Underneath it is a stripped-down and customized version of slackware Linux, Thank you trurl. \\

\\ ***a.) ? will it become useful to learn and understand Linux 4.19.88? \\

\\ ***a.) ? will it become useful to learn and understand HTML and JAVAscript? \\

\\ ***a.) I know nothing about Linux, is -bash and -Unraid something described as Distros? \\

and plugins? \\ \\ Underneath it is a stripped-down and customized version of slackware Linux, Thank you trurl. \\

\\ Slackware is known as a Distro, something described as compiled coded packages may be "-Unraid" "-Bash" within a Distro \\

\\ Dockers appear to be community support adding -Unraid functionality, > VM dockers (where the user OS can be container'ed and operated from system memory), > Wireguard VPN (SSH security feature, VPN tunnel service), ect.; > Plugins Dynamix (a person or group that knows how to code very useful stuff)

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Your questions and comments make me wonder if you really have any idea what Unraid is. Have you looked at the Product pages linked at the top of this page?

Thank You, but I think I will continue to learn to have hands on Linux -slackware experience with -Unraid to limit Windows Vulnerabilities to VM machines only. (lacking answers to questions to be met with diversion from the question and interrogation questions in return)