Libvirt Service failed to start - Unraid 6.8.0

Hi

Yesterday, I moved to new hardware (new mobo asus prime x570-p and cpu AMD Ryzen 3700x)

Everything was working fine until I tried to passtrough my GPU to a Windows VM (only GPU in the system, I know dumb thing to do).

I rebooted my server and then everything went wrong...

Docker service wasn't coming up anymore. - fixed that one already

VM manager tab is not showing up. I've tried deleting the libvirt.img and re-enabling the VM manager but without success.

attached the diagnostics files.

Any idea what's going on?

Kind regards

Jonas

nas-jonas-diagnostics-20191229-1121.zip

Might be related to this:

https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/stable-releases/cannot-disable-vm-r801/

Try stopping the array then enabling it.

I notice some other things in your diagnostics.

Why do you have 100G for docker image? Have you had problems filling it? I always recommend only 20G and it's unlikely you would use even that unless you have an application misconfigured so it is writing into the image instead of to mapped storage. Making it larger won't help, it will just make it take longer to fill.

Also, your appdata and domains shares have files on the array. You want them all on cache and set to stay on cache. Your system share is good.

@trurl any idea what could be the root cause of this issue?

I'm also seeing following error on the dashboard page

natcasesort() expects parameter 1 to be array, bool given in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DashboardApps.php

: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DashboardApps.php on line 113.

Another diagnostics file meanwhile.

Thanks already for looking into this.

Kind regards

Jonas

nas-jonas-diagnostics-20200101-2027.zip

@trurl the issue with them VM Manager Settings is still not resolved.
I was thinking this could be linked to it.

I've changed multiple settings already in the VM Manager Settings tab but nothing seems to work.

Is there any way to check logs why this is happening?

It only seems a web gui problem as virsh commands are working and the libvirt process is started.

Kind regards

Jonas

I had what might be the same issue.  

What fixed it for me was pushing the "Download" button on the other side of "Default Windows VirtIO driver ISO (optional):"

For me the actual problem was (I think) a bug in the validator in the web gui, that failed validation for the virtio iso (I think correctly), but didn't provide any visual indication of the failure.