Tower case becomes full

rikdegraaff

And can I use the 2 last ports on the Intel card, as shown on your picture, for cabling to the SAS Adapter 2X Internal SFF-8087 to 2X External SFF-8088 Slot?

Because I will use then 4 port on the Intel and just 2 on the sas adapter.

Are those 2 ports enough to send through the 4 other disk ports so to speak?

19 minutes ago, rikdegraaff said:

And can I use the 2 last ports on the Intel card, as shown on your picture, for cabling to the SAS Adapter 2X Internal SFF-8087 to 2X External SFF-8088 Slot?

Not sure I follow, you have two options

• Connect one cable from the HBA to the expander, max usable bandwidth will be around 2200MB/s, you can use the remaining 5 wide ports on the expander to connect up to 20 devices.
  • Connect two cables from the HBA to the expander, max usable bandwidth will be around 4400MB/s, you can use the remaining 4 wide ports on the expander to connect up to 16 devices.

49 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Not sure I follow, you have two options

• Connect one cable from the HBA to the expander, max usable bandwidth will be around 2200MB/s, you can use the remaining 5 wide ports on the expander to connect up to 20 devices.
  • Connect two cables from the HBA to the expander, max usable bandwidth will be around 4400MB/s, you can use the remaining 4 wide ports on the expander to connect up to 16 devices.

That is indeed what I meant.
Sorry for being so unclear, but you understood it.

I will connect for the first time 2 cables, do I need more devices (because my second tower only houses max. 15 devices I think.) then I'll disconnect one and see for myself if that still gives enough bandwith.
So far so good. Thanks again!

• Like 1