We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Windows "Access Denied" writing file

Hello,

i am a new user to unraid (basic license for now :) ), jumped from my ds1812+ to your lovely os. More powerful for my need.

I have created my share, my user has Read/write Access.

I have succefully copied a parts of my data but,  now I can't copy data from my windows ? 

When i check the rigths on the files with putty =>  group : nobody / user : users on all files/folder .. 

Why the nobody user is owner of my file ? I use  radarr/lidarr/sonarr with default pgid/ puid ... can it be the origin ?

On 1/1/2020 at 2:21 AM, Nonobis said:

When i check the rigths on the files with putty =>  group : nobody / user : users on all files/folder .. 

Why the nobody user is owner of my file ? I use  radarr/lidarr/sonarr with default pgid/ puid ... can it be the origin ?

IT is because that Linux file system getting mounted by SAMBA which then presents the files to you using the Windows SMB protocol (and ownership properties).  While the underlying Linux owner and group are important, they are completely isolated from the SMB user.  The SMB permissions and access rights by the various users are completely controlled within the SAMBA layer.

There are a lot of gotchas in SMB but (for the most part), what is a gotcha in the Unraid-Windows environment also exists in the Windows-only environment.  One of the biggest one is that only a single login to a SMB server is allowed from any single Windows computer.  And it is very difficult to achieve a logoff once logged-in!

Edited by Frank1940