ohmaxx

Hi guys this is my first post here because I need some help and advice

I have build my Nas with :

-i5-6600 3,30GHz

-Asus Z170-A motherboard -16go ram

-2 * 4To disk

I am trying unRaid to compare with OpenMediaVault

I want a Media server with plex / sonarr / radarr / jacket / transmission

I am using docker to run all this services but the problem is they are using 100% really fast for example if my sonarr send 5 film download with my transmission my cpu is full i don't understand why because i didnt get this problem on OpenMediaVault.

If someone have an explanation (im actually using the free licence of unRaid but i dont think it can be the problem) i will be happy to read it

i show u here a screenshot of a htop and my cpu usage in dashboard unraid and plex dashboard (nothing is runing no film lecture / no dl from sonarr ect)

Thanks for your help guys 🖖🏻

English is not my first language so if something is not clear ask me 😊

cpu htop.PNG

cpu plex.PNG

cpu usage.PNG

More or less, the utilization from OMV and from unRaid are roughly the same.  Looks like OMV reports the total usage, and unRaid breaks it down into CPU.

And, if you're looking at the usage via htop, you should be aware that the 177% from Radarr doesn't mean that it's using more that 100% of your CPU.  Divide that by 4 (your number of cores), and that's the total CPU usage its using.