Unifi Docker Help

hey folks, asked this in the official support thread about 5 days ago and haven't gotten a response so thought i'd try here: I need help with a problem + a little hand holding/how-to.

First, when I go to setup the docker, it fails to start because it wants to map to port 8080 for device communication (i have sabnzbd on port 8080). So to that end, is there a recommended alternative port? I'd rather not adjust sab b/c of how many other utilities rely on it.

Then my next question is what's a good "Idiots Guide to Moving Controllers"? I setup my unifi a long time ago and when i did it - i did not realize that the device married itself to the controller - i no longer have the computer that was the original controller. Furthermore - i don't remember all of the tweaks i made to the configuration and finally - while i would like to use my unraid server as the controller - i usually use wifi to connect into it - so i'm guessing that i'll need to attach KVM to it and i just want to make sure I don't screw it up. I looked at this https://community.ui.com/questions/Transferring-Unifi-Controller/1e541dee-e484-407e-aaec-28c2711db6d7 but when i go to wizards in EdgeOSX i get:

The setup wizards are notavailable to you because you have changed the router's configuration. if you wish to use a setup wizard you must rest the router to its default configuration and then restart it.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Locking this thread. Bump the support thread instead of starting a new topic, especially since you already had posted in that other thread. You should not post the same thing in multiple threads. Makes it impossible to coordinate responses. I know it seems a moot point to you since you hadn't gotten any responses anyway.

If anyone wants to respond, here is a link to his other post in the support thread:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/78060-support-linuxserverio-unifi-controller/?do=findComment&comment=812238

• Thanks 1
  • trurl locked this topic