Unraid startup help [RESOLVED]

Hey!

So i finaly got around to converting my main server over to unraid but i am having a couple of issues

* The gfx i have in this as the primary card is a gtx 760 and the mobo is a ASRock Z270 Extreme4, ive never been able to get a rom to work for primary passthough with this card in the past, But this mobo does have onboard gfx. For some reason i cant seem to get unraid OS to boot on the iGPU so that i can just passthrough the 760 straight to a windows box. i have enabled integrated graphics/ multiscreen in bios, i have also tried plugging in a dvi to hdmi cable as i have read it should prefer older gens over newer but think this only relates to the inputs of the gfx itself not the onboard. Does anyone know if there are additonal tricks to force it to boot on the iGPU?

* When i reboot the box the array does not seem to manually startup, i think this is due to it seeing some smart errors on two of the drives.
My cache drive an nmve ssd is at 35 reallocated sectors im guessing its starting to get past its life as it is a few years old and was my download drive that whole time and so is starting to lose its writes on parts of the drive.
and one of my array drives throws UDMA CRC error count 3823. but giving a google this is a non issue error a "once off" as far as i can tell
Is there a way to tell unraid these are okay and to startup anyway? or are either of these smart warnings worse than i think they are?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by phyzical
10 hours ago, phyzical said:

one of my array drives throws UDMA CRC error count 3823. but giving a google this is a non issue error a "once off" as far as i can tell
Is there a way to tell unraid these are okay and to startup anyway?

See Here:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/69889-udma-crc-error-count/?tab=comments#comment-651566

That will suppress the warning unless the count increases again. 

Have you 'Enable auto start:'  on the    Settings   >>>  Disk Setting     page?

EDIT:  You also need to attach a Diagnostics file to your NEXT post     Tools   >>>  Diagnostics 

Edited by Frank1940
On 1/27/2020 at 2:19 AM, phyzical said:

* The gfx i have in this as the primary card is a gtx 760 and the mobo is a ASRock Z270 Extreme4, ive never been able to get a rom to work for primary passthough with this card in the past, But this mobo does have onboard gfx. For some reason i cant seem to get unraid OS to boot on the iGPU so that i can just passthrough the 760 straight to a windows box. i have enabled integrated graphics/ multiscreen in bios, i have also tried plugging in a dvi to hdmi cable as i have read it should prefer older gens over newer but think this only relates to the inputs of the gfx itself not the onboard. Does anyone know if there are additonal tricks to force it to boot on the iGPU?

That is controller by the motherboard (i.e. BIOS), not Unraid.

Turning on iGPU, on its own, doesn't mean the motherboard will let Unraid boot with the iGPU if there's another GPU in the primary slot.

As far as I know, only Gigabyte mobo gives you full flexibility to pick what Unraid (or any OS) boots with initially.

18 minutes ago, testdasi said:

That is controller by the motherboard (i.e. BIOS), not Unraid.

Turning on iGPU, on its own, doesn't mean the motherboard will let Unraid boot with the iGPU if there's another GPU in the primary slot.

As far as I know, only Gigabyte mobo gives you full flexibility to pick what Unraid (or any OS) boots with initially.

Ah damn, thats what i kinda thought. thanks for the confirmation.

luckily i had that spare low power gt  5 something so ive done the usual use that for os and just passthrough without rom. i only need it for 4k media center usage anyways.

as after trying the matching rom on tech power up  and failing to dump the bios again as it runs into the input/output error.

as always thanks guys  @testdasi @Frank1940

marking as resolved 👍