Random USB devices dropping off

Unraid version 6.7.2, although it happened on 6.6.6

So I have an issue that has persisted for a while and I am guessing it is an unraid issue and not a hardware issue, although I don't have a good way to verify. My USB drives that are plugged in will just straight disconnect for no reason. Now usually this wouldn't be a big deal, but in a VM they don't autoconnect back and I have to use a plugin to re-attach them. Which is frustrating as one is a windows VM and I have to use a different machine to go to the web portal for unraid and do it. This happens to all my devices at some point, I have a mouse, keyboard, zwave stick, UPS, all of which have had this happen at one point or another. I would love to know if others have had this issue and know a fix. If there is any information I can provide to help debug I will do my best to produce it. Thanks!

20 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Same if they are on USB 2.0 ports?

The motherboard doesn't have 3.0 ports. The case connection has 2, 2usb ports and those have disconnected, the back motherboard slots there are only 2. One has the unraid usb drive, the other has a 4 port expander on it which various devices have detached off of.

58 minutes ago, 15goudreau said:

I am eventually going to try another hub, the reason I don't think it is that is because it also happens to the front USB ports on my case which tie directly into the motherboard. Thougths to that?

I have had issues with front (case installed) mounted USB on a clients machine it took months to figure out what it was. Devices plugged into them would work occasionally or not at all. They would work for a while then the device would drop like it was unplugged, Sometimes a phone would be plugged in and would charge but no data connection (not a charge only cable it would work just fine in Mobo USB). I moved it around on the mobo headers still same issues. It ended up being the PCB of the USB ports in the case. I ended up getting a PCI USB bracet that plugged into the Mobo header with an extension cable to set on their desk so they didnt have to get behind the pc to plug and unplug. It may not be your issue but I've seen it.