Unable to boot with GUI, No Network Access, Bond 0 not found

All, this is my first post on here. I have been running UNRaid fine for over  year with (recently added the UNRaid Nvidia build). Today I upgraded to the NVidia Unraid 6.8.2 and after a reboot I can no longer access my server remotely. When it boots up, it throws errors that Bond0 is not found. When I log in directly to the server with a keyboard/monitor, it has my static IP on the interface and I can ping that IP from the server itself, but I cannot ping outside the server and I cannot ping the server from my network. (Thus I can't get logs off of it for you right now). When I load into UnRAID GUI mode, the WebGUI doesn't load. It just shows a "Page cannot be displayed." I've tried everything I can think of and I'm at my wit's end. Is there a way to rollback from the CLI? Please help! My family relies on this server!

Edited by atlasalex
clarification
7 minutes ago, atlasalex said:

Yes, it shows and I can navigate to the boot and the config

I was hoping it would not as the fix would have been easy to identify :(

If the USB stick is mounting you should be able use the 'diagnostics' command on the console to create the zip file in the 'logs' folder on the USB stick. and posting that might help with identifying what is going wrong.

Only thing I can think of at the moment is to plug the USB stick into a PC/Mac and check that there is no corruption on it.  While you are doing that make sure you also take a backup in case later advice is to rewrite the flash drive.

I even created a new USB and copied over the /config file. Then it would boot, but it would get a self-assigned 169 IP address... So I booted it into GUI safe mode, removed all of the bonding and static IP. Then I rebooted and it still gets that. No other devices on my network are having an issue.

No idea what is going on - maybe someone else might have an idea.   It might be worth deleting the network.cfg file on the flash to revert to defaults to see if that helps but I could not spot anything obviously wrong in the one that was in the diagnostics.

What I did notice that is a bit strange is that the end of the syslog emhttp segfaults.    This is not something I can remember seeing before.

Looks like it's alive! Rebuilt an entirely new USB with 6.8.2 on it and transferred over my /config. Then I had to boot it into Gui Safe mode and in the GUI turn off the bonding. Let it get an IP address, reboot into normal mode. Hit the tower via the DHCP address. Then had to turn bonding back on to get it to take it's static IP again for some reason. Then had to request a replacement license key.

One question I had that I haven't been able to find an answer on: Is it best practice to stop the array before an OS Update (Unraid or NVidia)?

1 hour ago, atlasalex said:

Is it best practice to stop the array before an OS Update

It doesn't matter.

The first step is to download and store the new OS version on your USB device, this works independent of the array running or not.

The real upgrade takes place after a reboot. At this point the newly downloaded images are unpacked and the system starts with the new version.

• Thanks 1