Docker VPN apps/plugins

orybrad

Hi, does anyone know of any VPN client applications or plugins that support kill switch functions? What I need is to run my NordVPN at the front end so that every docker app will only communicate through this connection. I am able to do this with the Openvpn client app but it does not have a kill switch so that if/when the VPN drops the connections to the internet at all blocked until the VPN reconnects. Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. So here’s the deal. You might be asking “why don’t you just setup your VPN through your router using ddwrt or something like that...”. Well...... I would but..... let me explain. I have 3 isp inlets. All go to a peplink LBM which utilizes speed fusion. From there I have 2 ciena fiber switches.6 10gig and 15 1gig. My whole network is fiber. The two unraid servers are linked via 10gig fiber to the switches for better throughput. These two servers are my Plex servers.The rest of my home and outdoor ap’s connect via the two switches. The 3rd unraid server is going to be a host for various services. If I use the router option with DDWRT it dosnt play nice with forwarding regular traffic around the vpn. I tried this many times with different upgrades with no luck. If everything goes through the vpn it’s fine. As soon as you try specify certain IP’s that are the only ones need for the vpn it locks up. The other reason the router idea is bad is because I use a static IP on each of the Plex servers to gain remote access due to my CGNAT setup. So for the simplest of reasons it would just easier to use a app/plugin inside unraid to achieve what I need.