Swap 2 different server USB keys

So I have two servers, server A has a basic license and server B has a plus license. I'd like to move the plus license to Server A and the basic license to server B. What exactly do I have to do to make this change as smooth as possible without ruining anything? Do I just copy/paste the USB config folder in each USB drive to the other drive, leaving behind the basic/plus.key in each USB drive? I'd like to get a clear understanding of how to get this done as both servers are located in different states and I will not have time to trouble shoot any problems if they arise. Any input is appreciated, thanks!

The licence key is tied to the USB stick and all the other configuration information is in the config folder so your approach should work fine.    I would suggest that you made a local backup of both flash drives before you start by clicking on the flash drive on the Main tab and selecting the option to make a backup.

it is not clear to me if the serves are in the same location and how you are going to get the USB stick swapped between the two servers which would be required as the licence travels with the drive.

The flash drives are not actually physically available to you?  How to you propose actually doing this exchange of the drives?   I would like to suggest just swapping the   .key   files between the two drives but I suspect that the auto license transfer process would catch that swap and blacklist one or both of the drives.  What you could do is to make two new boot drives from backups of the current boot drives-- one at each location.  Then put the plus license in the config folder at location A, boot up the server and update the license to match that drive.  Do the same at Location B with the basic license.

1 hour ago, Frank1940 said:

The flash drives are not actually physically available to you?  How to you propose actually doing this exchange of the drives?   I would like to suggest just swapping the   .key   files between the two drives but I suspect that the auto license transfer process would catch that swap and blacklist one or both of the drives.  What you could do is to make two new boot drives from backups of the current boot drives-- one at each location.  Then put the plus license in the config folder at location A, boot up the server and update the license to match that drive.  Do the same at Location B with the basic license.

I will be flying out to the other servers location soon and will have access to both booth drives while making the swap. 

If I understand what you saying, I would have to purchase two additional USB drives and then restore from backups. Which still makes thing a little difficult cause both servers have different configurations, plugins, shares, etc. I'm assuming the UUID information for the USB drive is stored in the .key file, no? If that is the case is it not easier to just swap everything over from the config folder on both drives, except for the .key file? This way it retains the configuration of everything. 

1 minute ago, osker246 said:

I will be flying out to the other servers location soon and will have access to both booth drives while making the swap. 

If I understand what you saying, I would have to purchase two additional USB drives and then restore from backups. Which still makes thing a little difficult cause both servers have different configurations, plugins, shares, etc. I'm assuming the UUID information for the USB drive is stored in the .key file, no? If that is the case is it not easier to just swap everything over from the config folder on both drives, except for the .key file? This way it retains the configuration of everything. 

The .key file also stores your license level.

12 minutes ago, osker246 said:

easier to just swap everything over from the config folder on both drives, except for the .key file? This way it retains the configuration of everything. 

If you don't mind one of the servers being down until you get back, this is much easier. I think Frank was concerned that you had one machine hundreds of miles away from the other and wanted to keep both running pretty much uninterrupted.

3 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

If you don't mind one of the servers being down until you get back, this is much easier. I think Frank was concerned that you had one machine hundreds of miles away from the other and wanted to keep both running pretty much uninterrupted.

That actually makes a lot more sense now. Yeah, I don't mind having it down for the couple days that I am away.