A few errors in my log...

opentoe

22 hours ago, Dissones4U said:

This may not be possible, I've tried for the same reason and unRaid insists that you have a sending address in there...

Finally, someone else who has the same thing happen to them. Thought I was crazy. Going to check my logs now and also see if any emails were sent.

Well, not 1 notification was sent to the browser or emailed out....but it is not trying to connect to Gmails SMTP randomly for no reasons. Just have to keep waiting until some notifications come in.

Ok, after all this information the only thing I have done was disabled TRIM. It was defaulted to DAILY and I just changed it to DISABLED. All my SDI drive errors went away, all extended scans were clean and the drive log looks great. I did turn on email notifications using Gmail's SMTP but will just uncheck all email boxes and see if that automatically stops trying to connect to the Gmail SMTP server. It use to try and connect randomly but now I set it up legit and it has been sending me daily emails per the settings. 

Anyone recommend a JBOD card(s) that can handle TRIM on the card since my current cards cannot do it. I want to start to use more SSD drives and would like for them to operate optimally.

On 2/29/2020 at 11:30 PM, opentoe said:

Anyone recommend a JBOD card(s) that can handle TRIM on the card since my current cards cannot do it. I want to start to use more SSD drives and would like for them to operate optimally.

LSI SAS3 HBAs, like the 9300-8i, but note that all LSI controllers require SSDs with read zeros after trim for trim to work, which is supported by the 860 EVO, but might not be if you change it to a different model in the future.

On 3/2/2020 at 12:25 PM, johnnie.black said:

LSI SAS3 HBAs, like the 9300-8i, but note that all LSI controllers require SSDs with read zeros after trim for trim to work, which is supported by the 860 EVO, but might not be if you change it to a different model in the future.

I'm out of the loop on all that stuff....so I'll trust your judgement. Thank you.