new UPS Lost communication

kocka

Couple of things to try.

First new/different  USB cable.  Make sure that the cable is securely plugged in.  Particularly at the UPS end.  Wiggle the cable and make sure there is not any problem in the connectors.

Second, try all of the USB connectors on the back of the server. 

A couple of more things.  Is this a replacement UPS?  If so, did you have any problems with the old one?

It appears that it was up for about a minute.  Any chance that you might be able to get to the GUI and see if it is working properly when it was up?

If all of this has not solved your problem.  Please provide more information on the UPS.  Not all UPS's will work with apcupsd.  There is also the NUT plugin for UPS's. 

18 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

Couple of things to try.

First new/different  USB cable.  Make sure that the cable is securely plugged in.  Particularly at the UPS end.  Wiggle the cable and make sure there is not any problem in the connectors.

Second, try all of the USB connectors on the back of the server. 

A couple of more things.  Is this a replacement UPS?  If so, did you have any problems with the old one?

It appears that it was up for about a minute.  Any chance that you might be able to get to the GUI and see if it is working properly when it was up?

If all of this has not solved your problem.  Please provide more information on the UPS.  Not all UPS's will work with apcupsd.  There is also the NUT plugin for UPS's. 

thanks for the tips i arrived at the conclusion that its not compatible so i ordered a new one UPS APC BX1400U-GR i hope this will work whit no workarounds :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

SOLVED for me. I had same problem with new setup, USB cable, it worked for few hours then intermittently looses communication.

I found an OEM USB APC cable and used it. Have not had any problems overnight. 

OEM cable seems to have a ferrite noise suppressor sleeve, maybe that makes a difference.

Edited by Matt_indy