Very slow mounting after other problems

I haven't really had any problems with my system for a while now.  A few days ago I decided to try the Unifi Video Docker and immediately started having high CPU utilization.  Looked like the SHFS process was the culprit.  Did some searching and others had a concern around ReiserFS with some dockers.  I removed the Unifi Video docker and after a couple of hours the CPU settled down.  I have about 10 RFS disks and 4 XFS.  I decided to start the process of moving to XFS.

I bought a 4TB disk to replace an older 750GB disk that I had already converted to XFS.  Gives me some space for the moves and it's already XFS.  It spent the night rebuilding and looked clean this morning.  I then ran the docker safe perms script because I was getting some errors in Unbalance.  After running all day, and not completing, nginx crashed.  I tried restarting the services and they didn't quite fully reload.  So, I decided to do a powerdown at the CLI.

That got stuck at "cleaning swap" or something like that.  I hard shut the server.  Now, when I boot it up it's very slow going through the startup process.  In fact, it's mounting drives at the speed of about one every minute or 2.  It does seem to be moving, but this is very abnormal.

6.8.2 where it's been for a week or more.

What should I look at?

Edited by Bitbass

The one showing the delay (ie: a current one).  That one appears to show that you shut it down in the middle of it trying to mount the drives.

But, you do have some reiserfs drives.  On an unclean shutdown it does have to replay the journals to recover whatever transactions may have been lost previously.  This does take some time.  You really should at some point switch to XFS on those remaining drives.

On another note, you're attempting to directly execute a script /boot/custom/influxdb.sh via cron.  Won't work under 6.8.  You need to change whatever you've done to add that script to cron to 

/bin/bash /boot/custom/influxdb.sh > /dev/null 2>&1

• Thanks 1

Squid, thanks for the quick response!  So, my whole point of this exercise was to add some space so I could move to XFS.  Need it for shuffling files around.  That's entirely my plan over the next week.  I figure it will take me that long, considering I need to shut down the DVR to do so, I won't be able to run the move at night when the DVR needs to be recording.  

I appreciate the insight on the RFS journal replay.  Makes a lot of sense.

Regarding the script, I already moved that to a user script, I guess I missed removing it from the cron.  I'll take care of that.  

Anything else look amiss?  Or do I just need to calm down and work through the XFS migration?  :)  Thanks, again!