Missing disk issue

Hello,

One of my drives was failing health check recently and after a reboot, showed up as 'Not Installed' in the Array Devices list. So I physically disconnected the drive and restarted the array. In the Array Devices list though, it still says 'Not Installed' where the disk originally was (instead of simply not showing that drive slot).

image.thumb.png.aecef36d15c45c95040ed2f67a743bdb.png

When I stop the array, it still says the drive is missing in that slot, even though its not physically connected anymore.

image.png.a19e799ee2e53d225330b20375344391.png

I've done multiple reboots and a parity check, but this problem still persists.

Diagnostics attached.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

n3supernas-diagnostics-20200311-2149.zip

4 minutes ago, trurl said:

You have to rebuild that disk to another disk in the same slot. Or if you don't want anything in that slot and you don't care about any of the data that might have been on that disk, you can New Config and rebuild parity without anything in that slot.

Ah, thanks kindly. I kept all slot assignments the same and chose Parity is Valid option. Seems to be fine so far...

Just now, itlists said:

Ah, thanks kindly. I kept all slot assignments the same and chose Parity is Valid option. Seems to be fine so far...

Are you saying you have nothing assigned to that slot? You MUST rebuild parity. It is NOT VALID without ALL the disks it was originally built with.

• Thanks 1

Which, of course, is the first method in that wiki. Might be worth reading though. The main point that might be worth noting there is that any data that was on that removed disk will no longer be in the array, as I mentioned

14 minutes ago, trurl said:

you don't care about any of the data that might have been on that disk

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, trurl said:

Are you saying you have nothing assigned to that slot? You MUST rebuild parity. It is NOT VALID without ALL the disks it was originally built with.

I see... thanks again. I’ve started the parity rebuild now. Thank you for replying so quickly. You saved me from making a foolish mistake on the NAS. 
I will bookmark the wiki for future questions first.