Word files only open in Safe Mode.

Hello everyone, 

This past week word files on my array have only been opening in safe mode. I tried everything I can to fix this problem: Updating and repairing Windows OS, Word, Unraid, all my dockers, but nothing seems to be wrong. All of a sudden it just stopped working. Furthermore, I tried creating a new Share and Restoring all of the files from Duplicati, but that didn't change anything. I'm really stumped, I dont have much experience with Unraid so I dont know how to continue from here. 

Things to note: I tried opening files from multiple locations (and PCs) with multiple types of Word ver. none of them work. They DO work when I take them off the Server and open them locally. I ran "Fix common Problems" but that didnt show any errors. Other Microsoft files work perfectly fine (Outlook, Excel). Files can be open with other text editors like: WordPerfect X9, Docs and Adobe Acrobat DC. 

The error message I get: Word couldnt start last time. Safe mode could help you troubleshoot the problem, but some features might not be available in this mode.  Do you want to start in safe mode? Yes. No. " If I start in Safe mode...well nothing happens (just opens Word in safe mode, yes I have disabled all add ons etc.) If click no, it just closes. 

P.S I looked through all of the forums and contacted Microsoft which gave me little to no help. 

Unraid Version: 6.8.3 Basic (1 parity drive 4TB, 1 Normal drive 3TB and a Cache SSD Drive 250gb) SMB
Windows Version: 1909, 1903
Word Ver: 2016 pro plus, Office Home and Student 2016 and Word Pro 2019  

All the Help is really appreciated, 
-Vokay

pensionsolution-diagnostics-20200319-1812.zip

14 hours ago, Vokay said:

This past week word files on my array have only been opening in safe mode.

What do you mean by 'Safe mode'?  Unraid has a couple of boot options called "Safe Mode" which allows Unraid to start without any plugins, Dockers or VM's.  Are you using Unraid booted into this mode, what you mean by "Safe Mode"?  Or is it that Word is opening the file in the 'read-only' mode?

Edited by Frank1940
  • 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, gesatecnico said:

Hi,

do you have solved, i have the same problem.

Thanks

Gerardo

Since OP never answered the question 

On 3/20/2020 at 9:13 AM, Frank1940 said:

What do you mean by 'Safe mode'?  Unraid has a couple of boot options called "Safe Mode" which allows Unraid to start without any plugins, Dockers or VM's.  Are you using Unraid booted into this mode, what you mean by "Safe Mode"?  Or is it that Word is opening the file in the 'read-only' mode?

Maybe you will. 

• 7 months later...
On 6/5/2020 at 1:14 AM, gesatecnico said:

I solved the problem!

This is my first UNRAID Server, and i copied files with krusader-binex, but a word's files have a problem and not open.

I deleted all the files and i copied files with windows 10.

Function all ok.

I ended up doing the same thing and it solved my problem.