SysLog Filling Quickly... Please Help

Hi all, 

I hope that someone might be able to help me out with coming to the bottom of a recurrent issue that I have been having over the last 1-2 weeks. I am not sure why by the Syslog has been filling incredible fast.  Never used to do this. I can't remember if I changed anything that would cause syslog to fill. 

I have attached two diagnostics files.  One from just after a system reset. Then one from today where after 3 days syslog is at 60%. .

I will apologize if this ends up being a stupid simple things.  I am still learning.  But hope someone can help me out. 

rizznetunraid-diagnostics-20200321-1355.zip rizznetunraid-diagnostics-20200317-2038.zip

5 minutes ago, Squid said:

Top of my head, your memory is very fragmented and the VM is unable to allocate what it needs.  A reboot should fix it, but you might want to consider limiting the memory available for Duplicati (I would think that it's a pig on resource usage)

Hi Squid thanks for such a quick reply. 

how do I go about Limiting the memory available for Duplicati?  Sorry if this seems to be an easy answer..

Also not sure if it would make a difference,  But your comment made me think about a change I made like 1-2 months ago.  Where I set up a Ram-disk for plex transcoding with the following:  script found in the Plex-forum dialogue.    Do you think this might be causing it?  I set up the ram disk as I didn't want to keep using SSD for transcoding(as I had been doing for last 2 years. But happy to go back to that if it might be the cause.  

#!/bin/bash
mkdir /tmp/PlexRamScratch
mount -t tmpfs -o size=8g tmpfs /tmp/PlexRamScratch

4 minutes ago, Aceriz said:

Also not sure if it would make a difference,  But your comment made me think about a change I made like 1-2 months ago.  Where I set up a Ram-disk for plex transcoding with the following:  script found in the Plex-forum dialogue.    Do you think this might be causing it?  I set up the ram disk as I didn't want to keep using SSD for transcoding(as I had been doing for last 2 years. But happy to go back to that if it might be the cause.  

#!/bin/bash
mkdir /tmp/PlexRamScratch
mount -t tmpfs -o size=8g tmpfs /tmp/PlexRamScratch

Also possible

46 minutes ago, Squid said:

Also possible

Thanks, 

I have added the restriction memory to duplicati 3gb,  also decreased the size of the ram disk to 5gb 

then reset the system to see if this helps out. .  . 

If anyone else has ideas of why it might be filling let me know.  I am also happy to repost diagnostics or other information if it will help