Lost my key URL

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

Also, very little reason to ever have to format your stick.

The install hadn't been run for over 6 months and all the hardware it was on was removed. I wanted a clean install. So unless there is now a reset to defaults command that i missed looking through the forums, that was the preferred method of going back to default. 

As a cautionary note to other users, always make regular backups of the flash drive.   Main  >>>   Boot Device   Click on 'Flash' under the "Device" Column.  You will find a "Flash Backup" button there. 

The reason being that your   *.key    file (which is your Unraid License) is in the   config    folder.  If you reformat the current flash drive and install a new version of Unraid and copy that file from the copy back to the  config  folder, the system will boot up as licensed.  If you use a new flash drive, and do the same thing, on booting, Unraid will lead you through the process of getting a new  *.key registered to that drive. 

A current backup of your flash drive is always a good idea.  It can save you so many headaches for just a minute of two of effort.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1