PCI Ethernet Card Issues - Have to manually fix internet EVERY REBOOT (SOLVED)

This is my first Unraid server, and I have been messing with it a few days now.

If I use the onboard ethernet card everything works just fine. Well... its very slow, but it works. I max out around 12 MB/s writing to the array. Not great, but working. 

I want to use a D-Link DGE-530T PCI Gigabit Ethernet card I have to bring up the speeds a bit. So I put the card in and disabled the onboard ethernet. Boots up fine, but has no internet. So I go to the network settings and switch from Static IP to Automatic and the server connects to the internet. GREAT IT WORKS.... until I reboot the server.

EVERY TIME the server resets it no longer has internet. I have to go into the Network Settings and switch to Static, then back to Automatic to get it to start working again.

I have added diagnostic information for BEFORE going to network settings, as well as AFTER going to the settings and (temporarily) fixing the internet. I'm not sure if that will be useful, but if there's anything else I can do to help you experts diagnose just let me know!

EDIT: I should also say I have tried a full reset already. Backed up the flash drive then formatted and made a new one with the unraid USB creator. Same problem.

EDIT2: Well it's sounding like a driver issue that came be fixed, so I'll be getting a different NIC, preferably an Intel one. Going ahead and marking as solved.

THANK YOU FOR ANY AND ALL HELP ❤️❤️❤️ 

before.zip after.zip

Edited by Pariah0x29a
4 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Same users have issues getting a DHCP address with latest release, try setting a static address.

I should have said in the original post, but yes I have tried this. If I set up a stattic IP the same thing happens, upon reboot there is no internet and I have to set it to automatic to get internet again, and then re set up the static IP.

3 hours ago, bonienl said:

At start up your D-link ethernet controller crashes. It could be a RealTek driver issue and in that case we can only hope RealTek fixes the issue.

I recommend you take an Intel NIC, this has much better support under Linux.

Okay I'll look into that, thank you! Is there a specific model that a lot of people use or that you would recommend? 

45 minutes ago, bonienl said:

I am using an Intel I350 quad port NIC myself, but this might be overkill for you.

Yea, that would be a bit much. I'm running this on an old computer that I had lying around. I'll try to find a cheap Intel NIC somewhere, until then I guess I'll deal with the 100mb connection :'(

It's weird though, when I was searching the forums I found plenty of people using the same card as me, but a long time ago, like in 2013.. I wonder why it's not working now