Soft Reboot Unraid Without GUI

Hi All,

I ran Fix Common problems last night and advised me to post the diagnostics and of course I didn't cause of my hubris. This leads me to my next query for help.

I'm wondering how I can restart my unRaid without holding down the power button.  I started parity yesterday afternoon and left it over night. This morning I cannot access it - I think there is something wrong with the onboard NIC. The Intel NIC stopped working Thursday afternoon so I started using the second one (Realtek) and seemed to have worked fine I was able to finish transferring all the files prior to running parity. It might be possible the Reatek NIC is also dying maybe that is why I was getting MCELOG errors? Its a ASUS P8P67 Deluxe mobo.

Anyway, I can't access it - I connected a monitor/keyboard but there is no signal its like its asleep.  I tried to SSH into it with Putty but since there is no IP I can't login. I tried unplugging/plugging the cable, switching cables and still can't get an IP. Its connected to a unmanaged switch which is connected to my router. The onboard NIC is lighting up with the greed light and orange blinking.

Other than hard reboot is there another way to gracefully reboot it? I'm worried about creating errors in case it hasn't completed parity. When I went to sleep ~1am EST parity still had about 7 more hours ~9am as of this posting. It might be finished but I'd like to be sure.

I hope I'm not missing anything. Sorry for the long post.

fortress-smart-20200413-1928.zip

8 minutes ago, viethan said:

Other than hard reboot is there another way to gracefully reboot it

Since you can't login to the UI or via SSH or at the local console, then no.

8 minutes ago, viethan said:

It might be possible the Reatek NIC is also dying maybe that is why I was getting MCELOG errors?

unlikely.  You should post the diagnostics showing the MCE errors

13 minutes ago, itimpi said:

If the server has not crashed (as appears likely) then a short press on the power button will trigger a shutdown.

I tired earlier but there was no response. Doing the hard reboot worked, parity didn't finish and it started again.  But as I write this this popped up - is that what I think it means - need to replace the CPU?

IMG_8382.JPG

Edited by viethan
resized photo