Parity Drive Shows Disabled but BIOS Sees It

On 5/28/2020 at 2:04 AM, johnnie.black said:

First check filesystem on disk1 since it's unmountable, then re-sync parity, and if it happens again make sure you grab the diags before rebooting, you should also upgrade Unraid and fix the advanced buttons plugin spamming your log.

Thanks for the quick reply, Johnnie. Sorry for the delay on my end.

I did what you suggested and my data drive is now back online. I started the parity sync but it is going extremely slow. 

2020-06-04 10_47_44-VIA-NAS01_Main.png

Thanks in advance!

Edited by QPlus7

I think I found the problem. My disk2 looks to be trashed.

I'm currently trying to copy everything off of it to an external drive and will be replacing it.

I don't think I can replace the drive right now since I don't have a valid parity drive, correct?

My hope is to save whatever I can off of the disk, replace it, copy everything back to the new disk, and then sync the parity drive.

errors.png

1 hour ago, johnnie.black said:

Yep.

You can't best bet would be ddrescue.

Can I replace the drive once I've copied (currently using rsync from disk2 to an external drive) the data? Am I screwed since I lost my parity drive?

I'm confused as to what my best approach would be in order to secure the rest of my data. Should I start copying everything from the array to an external drive and then replace the drive/rebuild the array?