[6.8.3] ReiserFS errors. Already got a disk being emulated. Help! [SOLVED: Cabling]

So 4 days ago one my raid cards died. (Topic thread here FYI). It looks as if some bad juju is going down at my place because one of the disks that I moved to another slot is reporting ReiserFS errors. It looks like I have to do a reiserfsck as doco'd here and here

My understanding is that I should be in maintenance mode, and do the reiserfsck on the managed disk (i.e. /mnt/mdx) as that will maintain parity.

My question: is this an OK action to take while I have disk being emulated? (I am still waiting for replacement raid card to arrive via mail).

For now I have shut the device down and reading as much as I can to ensure I don't make things worse. I had to do a hard shutdown as the file system errors were blocking a graceful shutdown.

Lots of these in my syslog:

Jun  5 19:55:20 Tower kernel: REISERFS error (device md4): zam-7001 reiserfs_find_entry: io error

and these

Jun  5 20:55:11 Tower kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sdg] tag#10 UNKNOWN(0x2003) Result: hostbyte=0x04 driverbyte=0x00
Jun  5 20:55:11 Tower kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sdg] tag#10 CDB: opcode=0x85 85 06 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 40 e0 00
Jun  5 20:55:11 Tower kernel: md: do_drive_cmd: disk4: ATA_OP e0 ioctl error: -5
Jun  5 20:55:12 Tower emhttpd: error: mdcmd, 2723: Input/output error (5): write

Reading was mostly working (MC had a few issues as I was navigating around the disk...), but I could watch some vids and view some pics on that drive. Just couldn't write to that disk.

Kind Regards,

Jaso

I've got the diags zip from before I shut it down and after I turned it on again. I've also uploaded an image of a notification I got saying "Array turned good". It seems that the array is pretty happy with itself...but I haven't had the balls to actually start the array yet - maintenance mode or normal.

Cheers,

Jaso

2020-06-07 array turned good.png

tower-diagnostics-20200607-1502 BEFORE.zip tower-diagnostics-20200607-2215 AFTER REBOOT.zip

Yep - it seems to have been a cabling issue. I recall moving the box around when I was diagnosing the raid card fault. After checking each sata cable and power cable and turning it back on (and being super gentle sliding the box back into place) everything was AOK. 

• jaso changed the title to [6.8.3] ReiserFS errors. Already got a disk being emulated. Help! [SOLVED: Cabling]