Shucking Previous USB drives for new server.

Sorry if this has been answered before the search feature in the forum is coming up 404'd for me. 

I currently have an Intel Nuc running as my server with WD Easystore's plugged in via usb for my "array." In the next few weeks I am building an actual server and am hoping I can shuck these drives and pop them in no problem. Thats the dream but I assume that there will be problems due to the USB controller. 

Has anyone done this before?

I could move all the data onto an extra WD easystore I have but would have to plan that out ahead of time for a faster build. 

Cheers

Hi

Sorry to hijack but I'm sort of doing the same trying to preclear drives WD easystore in their case before I open them up and install in my current new build HERE

My 12TB got to 95% and then I lost power to the server for an unknown reason, (its on UPS) when I tried to turn it back on it blew the Delta 400W PSU hence why i removed it all and built it back into another case

Preclear states there is a unfinished preclear session on the 12TB, but when I try to resume it, it fails! I do not want to redue the whole process and was hoping to continue but seems that is not possible. so I just want to be able to write all zeros and get the signature so unraid will be happy with the drive, but as I am not running docker and just using the GUI preclear, so its not clear which option

PEACE

Kosti

43 minutes ago, Kosti said:

Preclear states there is a unfinished preclear session on the 12TB, but when I try to resume it, it fails! I do not want to redue the whole process and was hoping to continue but seems that is not possible. so I just want to be able to write all zeros and get the signature so unraid will be happy with the drive, but as I am not running docker and just using the GUI preclear, so its not clear which option

Best bet is to post on the preclear plugin support thread.

• Like 1