[SOLVED] Messed up with new drive.

So got a new drive to replace one of my smaller 2tb drives. I pulled the wrong one when the array was still running. Now that drive is being emulated and in my frustration i formatted the drive. But it still says its being emulated and there is no option to rebuilt it just a read check that is currently running. How can i get it to either rebuild it or make it a new drive? I have an online back up that i can replace everything with. Diagnostics attached. Any help would be appriciated.

plexserver-diagnostics-20200616-0946.zip

50 minutes ago, Jurak said:

I pulled the wrong one when the array was still running

There is no good reason to pull drives while the server is powered on and plenty of reasons not to. You can't really "hot swap" an array disk anyway, since Unraid is going to require you to stop the array to assign a new disk. So don't do it.

51 minutes ago, Jurak said:

Now that drive is being emulated and in my frustration i formatted the drive.

Since you formatted, any rebuild is going to result in a formatted disk. Parity agrees that you formatted a disk in the array and a formatted disk is what it will rebuild.

17 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Assuming the old disk is intact and all disks are healthy you can do a new config and then re-sync parity.

Any other idea you may have is probably wrong, so don't do anything other than what johnnie.black suggested without further advice. Let us know if you need more details.

Just now, Jurak said:

Will new config wipe all of my data?

No:

-Tools -> New Config -> Retain current configuration: All -> Apply
-Check all assignments and assign any missing disk(s) if needed.

-Start array to begin parity sync (alternatively you could select "parity is already valid" before starting the array, since it mostly is, then run a correcting parity check)

1 hour ago, johnnie.black said:

No:

-Tools -> New Config -> Retain current configuration: All -> Apply
-Check all assignments and assign any missing disk(s) if needed.

-Start array to begin parity sync (alternatively you could select "parity is already valid" before starting the array, since it mostly is, then run a correcting parity check)

Thanks my array is back up the way it was. 

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Messed up with new drive.