my cache drive is mounted as read only and i can not access the web GUI for dockers

hi i am not very experienced with unraid and i went onto my server one day and i my chache was full it and it would not do the move operation i tried to access the web guis it would not work i was i went on with what i went on to do and i could not delete the nextcloud folder in app data thought i think that is separate thing any help would very much apprenticed 

What part do you need help with? Backup/restore is just copying the data to the array or another device then than restore it, to re-format change the filesystem to a different one, format, change back and re-format.

There are also some btrfs recovery here options if needed, i.e., if the fs goes unmountable.

1 hour ago, johnnie.black said:

What part do you need help with? Backup/restore is just copying the data to the array or another device then than restore it, to re-format change the filesystem to a different one, format, change back and re-format.

There are also some btrfs recovery here options if needed, i.e., if the fs goes unmountable.

We will take this in multiple steps with some diagnostic checks along the way. This first set is intended to copy your cache to the array.

1. Go to Settings - Docker and disable dockers. Do the same for Settings - VM Manager
  2. Go to Shares and set appdata, domains, and system shares to cache-yes
  3. You also have another share anonymized as m-------t that is currently set to cache-no, but all of its data is on cache. Set that one to cache-yes also.
  4. Go to Main - Array Operations and Move Now. Wait for it to complete.

Then post new Diagnostics.

1 minute ago, trurl said:

We will take this in multiple steps with some diagnostic checks along the way. This first set is intended to copy your cache to the array.

Thanks, it would difficult to for me to help here during the weekend due to lack of time, mover might not work here since the cache is going read only, OP can use e.g. mc or krusader.

20 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Thanks, it would difficult to for me to help here during the weekend due to lack of time, mover might not work here since the cache is going read only, OP can use e.g. mc or krusader.

If mover doesn't do it, or doesn't do it all, we can go from there. Diagnostics will tell whether any share still has files on cache.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Looking at your syslog I'm not very hopeful of preserving anything. Even if you could copy any of it there might not be any way to use it without the rest of the things you couldn't copy. It might be simpler to just reformat cache and start over with your dockers.

insert rude languege is there any way to preserve the plex one i have config stuff i would like to keep

Do you have backups? The CA Backup plugin makes backups of your appdata for just these situations.

Your docker mappings and other settings from the Add/Edit Container page are in templates on flash and the Previous Apps feature on the Apps page will install your dockers exactly as they were. But without the appdata you would be starting over with plex, etc.

9 hours ago, trurl said:

Do you have backups? The CA Backup plugin makes backups of your appdata for just these situations.

Your docker mappings and other settings from the Add/Edit Container page are in templates on flash and the Previous Apps feature on the Apps page will install your dockers exactly as they were. But without the appdata you would be starting over with plex, etc.

darn i dont believe i have that plugin 

i gues i will have to re mark a bunch of my stuff in plex 

thanks for all the help 

9 hours ago, trurl said:

also what do i do then

Stop the array.

Click on drive to get to its page. Choose a different filesystem for the disk.

Start the array.

It will tell you there are disk(s) to format. If it is showing the correct disk(s) to format and no others, check the box and click format.

Repeat if you want to change it back to the original filesystem