Using Unraid to backup Windows pc's

I'd like to use Unraid as a way of holding a backup of my 3 Windows pc's. I'm looking to utilise an old pc with an i7-2660k chip, so looking at a very basic setup that will backup the pc's overnight, additionally as I use Backbaze for offsite backup, I dont need to have that much redundancy in the disk setup on the Unraid server.

My question with regard to this is about cache drives and parity drives, as I've tried to do some reading on the Unraid setup but i'm getting confiused as a lot of the time people are talking about plex and streaming and lots of other functionality that I wont use.

So with a simple backup only requirement ...

1) Can I do without a cache drive or will Unraid not work without one

2) Can i do without a parity drive or again is this an essentail part of the setup.

If I can do without them I'm presuming

a) w/o cache drive - read/write much slower - but I'm thinking for my backup scenario that will be ok?

b) w/o parity drive - no redundancy so backup system will fail with data loss if I lose any drive  

I apologise in advance as these are I suspect very basic questions, and I'm happy to be pointed at documentation/guides that I can read on this (prefer written to youtube if possible).

many thanks for any help you can give, Jonathan