nginx filling up syslog

Hi,

My unraid server is slow and does not show the plugins tab, and some tabs has to bee refreshed sevral times before i can se the content. foung out that the /var/log vas filling up and started to remove stuff, and now i'm just left wit soms few essentials plugins and dockers.

Been searching for how to fix this a few days now, but not found a solution. after restart ass soon as its startet, nginx starts logging this alert:

Jul 23 17:38:02 UNRAID emhttpd: shcmd (33): /etc/rc.d/rc.php-fpm start
Jul 23 17:38:02 UNRAID root: Starting php-fpm  done
Jul 23 17:38:02 UNRAID emhttpd: shcmd (34): /etc/rc.d/rc.nginx start
Jul 23 17:38:02 UNRAID root: Starting Nginx server daemon...
Jul 23 17:38:02 UNRAID root: error: /webGui/include/ProcessStatus.php: wrong csrf_token
Jul 23 17:38:11 UNRAID sshd[4911]: Accepted none for root from 10.0.0.246 port 57696 ssh2
Jul 23 17:38:22 UNRAID nginx: 2020/07/23 17:38:22 [alert] 4689#4689: worker process 4690 exited on signal 6
Jul 23 17:38:23 UNRAID nginx: 2020/07/23 17:38:23 [alert] 4689#4689: worker process 5150 exited on signal 6
Jul 23 17:38:23 UNRAID nginx: 2020/07/23 17:38:23 [alert] 4689#4689: worker process 5171 exited on signal 6
Jul 23 17:38:23 UNRAID nginx: 2020/07/23 17:38:23 [alert] 4689#4689: worker process 5172 exited on signal 6

I found one simular errer where the solution was setting daemon="off" in nginx.config, but cant find that in my config file(s)..

Have not started the array when this starts logging.

Any sugestions? I'm new to unraid and where to find stuff, so might need some directions on solutions.. ;)

Attached the diagnostics file.

unraid-diagnostics-20200723-1741.zip

5 minutes ago, littlebigshorty said:

Have not started the array when this starts logging.

Lots of things diagnostics don't tell us until you start the array.

Jul 23 17:38:02 UNRAID root: error: /webGui/include/ProcessStatus.php: wrong csrf_token

Close all browser tabs and mobile apps that might have a connection open to your server.

Try booting in SAFE mode and see if the problem still happens.

Hi,

Thanx for youre answer. I closed all unraid tabs on all computers and the mobile, i started the array, and now the errors stopped. Could it be the old forgotten tabs on the other computers doing it?

I'll keep an eye on the log to see if it changes again.

Thanx for the help! :) 

-Littlebigshorty - The Unraid noob.. ;) 

• 2 months later...

Similar issue, and somehow leaving the root terminal open also filled up about 134gigs of memory on my Mac Pro, almost making me hard reboot it. Something like 54gigs of swap.

nginx yesterday was doing the same thing and before my Unraid server reboot it was doing the same thing. 

So, I think this is somehow related to either being on the web page on the server logged in, and/or leaving the terminal window open.

Unraid is stock 6.8.3 for me except two docker containers.

I'm still on demo and so far, kinda don't want to pay for it if it's going to be this tweaky. 

Lots of people seem to be having nginx issues of this variety: it's spawning a process over and over and filling the log, essentially bringing the server down or at min, needing a reboot. 

That's not good.

I've seen several threads on it, but nothing points to a fix. How do I find out what the process that is causing the issue is/was?