Server unresponsive after ~30 minutes

RyanS

I am having an issue with my unraid server which keeps becoming un responsive. I have tried booting into safe mode but still no luck as the server still becomes un responsive.

I have tried turning off all docker containers and vm's but issue still arising.

Perhaps this is due to my server shutting down due to a power cut a few days ago? Not sure how I would be able to fix if this happened to be an issue.

My array consists of 2hdd with no parity drive (haha not ideal).

xfyre-diagnostics-20200812-1747.zip

Hi there,

If everything on this system was working fine, then you had an unexpected power outage and the behavior has only happened since then, it's pretty clear that something went awry with the hardware and it needs to be replaced.  Now we begin the journey if identifying what's broken.  First step is to come up with steps to reproduce.  Does it crash after boot even if you never start the array?  If so, try removing all components that you can (graphics cards, hard drives, SSDs, USB devices, etc.).  Boot up the system and see if you can get it to crash with none of those devices installed.  If the array has to be started for the crash to occur, then leave your storage devices attached but remove everything else.  If it still crashes, you can try replacing the memory (or at least reducing the # of RAM sticks you have installed).  If it still crashes, it is likely an issue with the motherboard and it needs to be replaced.

12 minutes ago, jonp said:

you had an unexpected power outage and the behavior has only happened since then

This is pretty much what happened to me recently. And I had an UPS. My best guess was something with the motherboard, since it would boot to the point where normally the text on the screen would switch to higher resolution. But now it would just hang at that point. And I knew there was nothing wrong with Unraid or the flash drive or even the memory since that all worked when I moved it to the old mobo/CPU I still had in storage.

I took the opportunity to upgrade mobo/CPU/RAM. Here is my upgrade thread if interested: