Is my mover working correctly?

Typically you want files related to dockers / VMs to stay on cache so their performance will not be impacted by parity updates and so they won't keep array disks spinning.

We can get a better idea of your situation from the Diagnostics.

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete Diagnostics ZIP file to your NEXT post in this thread.

• Like 1

You have a share anonymized as H----------k set to cache-prefer. Prefer means try to keep files on cache. Is that what you intend for this share? Or do you really mean for it to be moved to the array? To get it moved to the array you must set it to cache-yes.

Your isos share is also cache-prefer. Since that share is normally used for iso files used to install VMs, but not actually used while running VMs, that one can be moved to the array also (cache-yes).

Doesn't look like you actually have any VMs.

The shares that should be on cache and set to stay on cache are appdata, domains, system. These are all cache-prefer, which is good, but system has files on disk1. Possibly you enabled dockers before installing cache, so docker.img got installed on disk1 instead of on cache where it needs to be.

Mover can't move open files, so that is why it isn't getting moved. In fact, it is really better to just delete docker.img and recreate it. Then the Previous Apps feature on the Apps page will reinstall your dockers just as they were.

Do you have any custom docker networks such as proxynet?

• Like 1

Thanks!  I will try to respond in order:

-H--- ---K.  I didn't know the difference in cache yes and cache prefer.  I have switched it to cache - yes

-isos switched to cache yes

-No vms yet this thing is a glorified movie holder at this point but I am trying to learn new things like running servers on it etc.

***I do see Docker image on disk 1.... ITS 21gb?? I only have like 4 docker programs.... is that normal?  So I just delete that reinstall and everything should be good to go?  If so awesome and thank you!

Could this have something to do with how my settings for config files in dockers are?  I set them to mnt/user/appsdata etc.  I see some settings had mnt/cache/appsdata etc but I thought I read that was wrong somewhere..

I really appreciate the help.

19 hours ago, zmanfarlee said:

***I do see Docker image on disk 1.... ITS 21gb?? I only have like 4 docker programs.... is that normal? 

According to your earlier diagnostics, it was configured to be 20G, which is the size I usually recommend. And it was only using 13% of that space, which is normal. If it ever looks like it is going to fill up then you have an application writing to a path that is not mapped.

You can see how much of docker.img is being used on the Dashboard.

And you can see how much of each disk is used by each User Share with Compute... for the User Share.

If you want me to check how things are after your fixes post new diagnostics.

2 hours ago, trurl said:

According to your earlier diagnostics, it was configured to be 20G, which is the size I usually recommend. And it was only using 13% of that space, which is normal. If it ever looks like it is going to fill up then you have an application writing to a path that is not mapped.

You can see how much of docker.img is being used on the Dashboard.

And you can see how much of each disk is used by each User Share with Compute... for the User Share.

If you want me to check how things are after your fixes post new diagnostics.

Thanks bud.  I think we are all set for now.  It seems to have all moved over after the "Cache Preferred."  Thank you again!