One of my HDD shows a error

There is Help in the webUI. You can toggle Help for the entire webUI using the Help (?) button, or toggle help for a specific setting by clicking on its label.

Each user share has settings which control how it uses the disks. These are Allocation Method, Split Level, and Minimum Free. You can also Include or Exclude certain disks for each user share.

The default Allocation Method of High-Water is a good compromise between using other disks (eventually) without constantly switching disks just because one might temporarily have more free space as you might get with Most Free allocation.

• Like 1

@trurl

I have a 4th drive that hasnt been installed so I'm swapping them. Since all the hdd's in Unraid are still unassigned, can I simply shut down the server, swap these two drives, and boot it back up? That's how it seems from what I read, but just want to verify.

I'll just keep the default allocation method. I'm going to try to RMA this HDD but I doubt I can, it looks like the warranty expired 2 months ago :(

Edited by SPOautos