[SOLVED] Multiple issues on server (sbin, shares, etc)

Hey all, trying for some help on this after spending the last few hours troubleshooting.

Initial symptom was the inability to reboot/shutdown the server at first from the GUI, but then realized under SSH it would not work either (shutdown -r, poweroff, reboot, etc). The error seemed to be:

root@syr-unraid:~# reboot
shutdown: cannot execute /sbin/init

So I added the executable flag, booted into safe mode after searching through the forums a bit and found this did the same thing in safe mode with all the missing flags:

root@syr-unraid:~# ls -larth /sbin/init
-rw------- 1 root root 48K Sep 12  2019 /sbin/init

Next task per the forums was to try a new flash drive. I've burned a new drive, copied over the config folder and the exact same issues are present. I cannot access any shares, I haven't done anything different with plugins and suddenly nothing works. Has anyone run into this? I've been using unraid for a few months now and love it, this is just soul crushing to not have anything work for no apparent reason. Diagnostics attached.

Edit to note: I ran the permissions tool to true up everything and had it run against all disks, including AppData on the SSD.

syr-unraid-diagnostics-20200825-1341.zip

Edited by euthonis
12 minutes ago, euthonis said:

So I added the executable flag, booted into safe mode

/sbin is in RAM like the rest of the OS, so any changes you make there will not survive reboot. The flash drive contains the archives of the OS, and those are unpacked fresh at each boot into RAM. The OS runs completely in RAM and all the usual linux folders are in RAM.

With your ls command I get this:

root@unSERVER:~# ls -larth /sbin/init
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 48K Sep 12  2019 /sbin/init*

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Multiple issues on server (sbin, shares, etc)