[SOLVED] USB Might have died? "USB drive is not read-write"

I received a email stating my unraid server no longer had access to the usb drive:

Event: USB flash drive failure
Subject: Alert [TOWER] - USB drive is not read-write
Description: Cruzer_Fit (sda)
Importance: alert

Then the server became unresponsive and can no longer boot into the OS.

Tried putting the USB into windows and copying the files to a new drive but the USB drive shows as it needing formatted. I clicked no and now i'm at this stage and slightly panicking as my backup I have is over 5 months old. Now I would just use this backup BUT I can't remember if I have since upgraded from a 4tb parity to a 10tb parity from that backup or not.

What I mean is my backup is either from a 4tb parity or my new 10tb parity. I can't remember which. Is it ok to still use this backup?

I have since added new docker containers but i'm ok with adding those again if need be.

I also had a VM created since then. Will this be gone? Or just need recreated and pointed at the vdisk I made for it?

Sorry for noob questions my brain is on overload as I have YEARS of data on these drives and I was in the process of starting uploading all of it to the cloud for backups as I just got gigabit internet.

Also any recommendations for USB drives that can take heat? like over 90F rooms?

Edit: Also the usb drive shows in the boot settings on my dell r710 but won't boot to it

Edit: Can confirm it's my old 4tb config by looking at the order date of my 10tb drives. Still possible to recover?

Edit: Should also point out my unraid is setup to not start the array immediately. I always manually start it after every reboot.

Edit: Finding out which drive is which is easy since I have parity check emails sent to me daily.

Edited by SkinnySkelly
18 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

You can safely use that old backup IF YOU DELETE the super.dat file from the USB stick config folder before you boot Unraid with it.

Use your latest array status email to assign your drives.

Thank you! Will report back in a couple days with my results. The USB drive I thought I had laying around for backups for this situation appears to have gotten lost :(.

2 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Do you have 2 full licenses?

No I just had an extra usb stick laying around that I lost. Just an empty usb stick is all. The backups I have are the ones you get when making a backup from the unraid webui that I store on my PC.

Am I correct in assuming all I do is just copy the contents from the backup file to the new usb stick and delete the super.dat file? Then i'm good to go? Or do I need to do the key renewal steps as well?

46 minutes ago, SkinnySkelly said:

Am I correct in assuming all I do is just copy the contents from the backup file to the new usb stick and delete the super.dat file? Then i'm good to go? Or do I need to do the key renewal steps as well?

Yep. It may be easier to prepare the stick as if it were a new install and then overwrite the config folder minus the super.dat file. The license key file is tied to the USB GUID, so yes, you will need to go through the steps to transfer your key to the new stick.

Ok array is started. I assigned everything exactly where each drive needed to be and i checked the option to say the parity drive is correct (can't remember the exact name for it) if this option should not of been clicked should I do a parity check after I get everything back up to date? Or do a parity check regardless?  Data is intact btw.