Automation Script Request, maybe....

rharvey

I have close to 1000 DVD rips in standard format, you know VOB, IFO etc. and would like to get them all transcoded using Handbrake so that I have an iPad version of each movie.  I do this manually with no troubles but it would be awesome if I could automate this process to buck transcode my 1000 movies and then as I add new ones they would also get transcoded.  Since there is a Linux version of Handbrake available I'm wondering if this could all be automated on the UnRaid box.

Any thoughts.....

I have close to 1000 DVD rips in standard format, you know VOB, IFO etc. and would like to get them all transcoded using Handbrake so that I have an iPad version of each movie.  I do this manually with no troubles but it would be awesome if I could automate this process to buck transcode my 1000 movies and then as I add new ones they would also get transcoded.  Since there is a Linux version of Handbrake available I'm wondering if this could all be automated on the UnRaid box.

Any thoughts.....

Read through the handbrake thread in this forum section.  There is some stuff in there about doing what you want.  There is currently no easy way to set up a queue, that I know of, though I have not used th CLI version of unRAID yet.

What you are asking for can probably be done but it would probably not be that easy to do.

Archived