SOLVED - browser --> tower.local not accessible

Nanobug

Hello unRAID forums,

For some reason, I can't access tower.local it just googles it.
I tried Googling it and searching on the unRAID forums, but for some reason none of the issues was mine, and none of the solutions worked for me.

I can still access it from the IP address, just not from the name.
I've added my diagnostics.

TL:DR
Use http://tower.local first and you can access it with just tower.local after.

hades-diagnostics-20201012-2100.zip

Edited by Nanobug
10 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

Check your router and see if the IP address of the server is mapped to the server name.

I've been looking at the Ubiquiti forums, and at the one I found last night, and the solutions didn't work for me. But it wasn't the exact same problem either.
I tried looking all my settings through, but I can't find something called "mapped server name" or something that's close to it.

I have a Ubiquiti UniFi Dream Machine, if anyone needs to know.

I've looked through my router settings as stated, but since it worked in 2 out of 4 browsers, just none of the ones I use daily, it's not a solution for me.
I found stuff on Google's support sites that said to disable "Built-in Asynchronous DNS" in chrome://flags
But that's no longer available in there.

Some said to disable IPv6 on Windows.
Somewhere down the road of the searching and trying one setting at a time, I tried to add the IP of my server in the Windows 10 host file.
192.168.X.X     hades.local
Didn't work either...

I tried clearing the host cache in Google Chrome at chrome://net-internals/#dns

None of the above have worked so far.

I can't figure out where the setting is that messes it up.
Does anyone know?

I have all my Servers (and my printers--which is an other story) on static/fixed IP addresses just to avoid such issues.  I then use the IP address to access the server.  The IP address will ALWAYS work!!! 

EDIT:   As a piece of information, here is a screen shot of the Ubitiqui ER-X router screen showing the mapping of the server name to the IP address.

image.png.6bcc551fde43a6251728774ad08e21a6.png

And you can even convert a DHCP assogned address to a static address if you want to.

image.png.668b08ace98142ebb46043533d0740a4.png

Edited by Frank1940
8 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

I have all my Servers (and my printers--which is an other story) on static/fixed IP addresses just to avoid such issues.  I then use the IP address to access the server.  The IP address will ALWAYS work!!! 

The IP address always worked, and I also know the IP addresses of the things I have running, It's just nice when it all works, and you have more than one option to access it.