CometLake Plex QuickSync problem

Djinn

I have done all the stuff I have been able to find on the internet to enable quick sync but plex just is not doing it. 

I am using an i3 10100 on an asrock B460m Steel Legend board.  Anyone got things like this and figured out how to make it work?  Or do i just need to buy a quadro?

13 minutes ago, Djinn said:

I have done all the stuff I have been able to find on the internet to enable quick sync but plex just is not doing it. 

I am using an i3 10100 on an asrock B460m Steel Legend board.  Anyone got things like this and figured out how to make it work?  Or do i just need to buy a quadro?

What version of unRAID?  You probably need to use the 6.9.0 beta 30 release to have video driver support for iGPU in 10xxx Intel processors. 

If you are running 6.8.3 that is likely the problem, due to an older Linux kernel, assuming you have other things properly configured.

20 minutes ago, Djinn said:

Can you give me some sort of hint where I may need to enable something in the asrock bios to get qsv to work?

Depends on the model of ASRock board and BIOS version.  Some boards require that you have a special BIOS to support the iGPU as the publicly available BIOS does not support it. 

I am running the 2.21A BIOS on my ASRock board as the 2.30 version does not support iGPU.

14 minutes ago, Djinn said:

would it stand to reason that if I can hook a display up and don't have any other gpu installed that the igpu is working?

Depends on the model of motherboard.  You should post your diagnostics.  If the board has IPMI, then, no it is not using the iGPU for video output, it is using the BMC.