(SOLVED) CPU fluctuating constantly all cores

NotHere

Hello all.

I know mostly nothing about this but have been trying to learn for a few weeks now. Recently, I did something, not sure what, and noticed that my CPU just bursts UP and DOWN constantly at random times. I been on several discords that helped me check out things like docker stats, top, htop, but I just don't know what I am looking at. 

I messed with a few things here and there but nothing crazy. Lastly I decided to stop all dockers and see if maybe, but that did not help, CPU usage just kept fluctuating from 1% to 7% then back down then back up to 12% and so on. I really want to know what is going on but I also decided that since I am so new at this, maybe I should start from scratch, this will help me learn more as I will be doing things again :).

I have to be on BETA because my MOBO NIC is not supported on stable versions. I made a new USB install, put it on the server, loaded. I was told that as long as I put the drives in the same location, I shouldn't have any issues in losing my data. While doing this, I noticed the cache drive is not an option as it should be (from what I remember that is, there should be a cache drive option, but in beta, fresh install, there does not seem to be). This is when I thought if going another directly, What if I start a NEW USB FRESH INSTALL, but also use some files from my BACKUP USB that can keep some structure, maybe that will be easier for me. I dont know what files to move from backup to new. Hopefully someone can help me here. 

My goal here is:

1. Maybe someone can look at my diagnostics and tell me what is going on with my CPU, maybe what I need to do so it may fix my issue. 

2. I would really like a new install, I think it would be a good solution for me to do things again but I want to keep some info from backup USB, specially the cache drive that wont show up on new install (shows up fine when I use my backup USB). Can someone tell me what files I need to keep from the BACKUP USB to the NEW USB in order to have DISKS, USERS, and SHARES?

Thanks so much.

haberland-diagnostics-20201025-0907.zip

Edited by NotHere
1 minute ago, trurl said:

The numbers you gave don't seem very extreme. Just updating those on the display, and other things besides the webUI will be using some. 

Do you have any VMs?

NONE at all. That is a future plan, but at the moment, just a handful of dockers, Plex, radarr, sonarr, grafana, influxdb, hydra2, something else I cant remember. I stopped them all though and the CPU kept going up and down. 

Yes, the fluctuation is nothing big, I just honestly wanted to know what happened as before I did whatever I did, it was at 1% all the time as I don't really do anything with the server at all. 

In many ways, Unraid is effectively a "clean install" each time it boots. The flash drive contains the archives of the OS, and these are only changed when you change Unraid versions. At each boot, these archives are unpacked into RAM and the OS runs completely in RAM. Think of it as firmware but easier to work with. Settings you have made in the webUI get saved to flash so they can be reapplied after boot, and plugins are loaded. So there isn't much different with a new install except plugins and dockers would have to be setup again. If you suspect a problem with any of those you can just remove them.

2 minutes ago, trurl said:

In many ways, Unraid is effectively a "clean install" each time it boots. The flash drive contains the archives of the OS, and these are only changed when you change Unraid versions. At each boot, these archives are unpacked into RAM and the OS runs completely in RAM. Think of it as firmware but easier to work with. Settings you have made in the webUI get saved to flash so they can be reapplied after boot, and plugins are loaded. So there isn't much different with a new install except plugins and dockers would have to be setup again. If you suspect a problem with any of those you can just remove them.

Very awesome information. Thanks for this very much. I am removing everything right now and seeing how it behaves. I honestly think its just user error and I am over reacting/thinking this. Thanks for all the help.