[SOLVED] Parity sync errors

54 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not about that, if there is a hardware problem, some sectors were being wrongly corrected, so when that's solved it's normal for the 1st check to still find errors, but if the 2nd one still finds

On the Main GUI page after you apply the new config. If you select "None", then the Main GUI with all your assignments would be blank, and you would need to recreate the proper assignments. If yo

Just an update,.. I replaced the parity disk and it looks like the problem has gone away from what I can see below. Am just doing another check, hopefully it comes back with 0 as well.

Posted Images

Not knowing how to clone, I've just created a new config, brought back Disk 2 and parity is rebuilding.

Is there any point in going through any Checks afterwards ?

Also, I assume that the old parity disk is fine and no need to go through any preclear ? Its was there a year or two'ish ? I think.

51 minutes ago, jimbo123 said:

Is there any point in going through any Checks afterwards ?

Don't see much point, though just to confirm you can start one and stop as soon as there are errors.

52 minutes ago, jimbo123 said:

Also, I assume that the old parity disk is fine and no need to go through any preclear ?

Yep, no need.