Problem with some disk

iZeus83

Hello,

I'm having problems with one disk on my server, this disk has been marked with yellow color on SMART (UDMA CRC error count) and unraid put this disable. Well I changed the cable SATA if this is the real problem but this disk it still disabled. I have investigated this problem looking on the logs and I saw problems with some sectors so I think there's some bad sectors on it. 

¿Please can you help me with this?.

I attached my logs, thanks.

asus-diagnostics-20201103-1527.zip

20 minutes ago, iZeus83 said:

this disk it still disabled

The disk has to be rebuilt to enable it again since it is out-of-sync with parity. Safest approach is to replace and keep the original in case of problems, but if we decide the disk is OK it is also possible to rebuild to the same disk if you don't have or don't want to buy another.

For WD Reds you should also set it to monitor attributes 1 and 200. Click on the disk to get to its settings and add those Custom attributes.

Looks like it recently passed extended SMART test, but it is showing those attributes non-zero, and syslog is showing IDNF and UNC errors.

Run another extended test.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2020 at 4:02 PM, trurl said:

The disk has to be rebuilt to enable it again since it is out-of-sync with parity. Safest approach is to replace and keep the original in case of problems, but if we decide the disk is OK it is also possible to rebuild to the same disk if you don't have or don't want to buy another.

For WD Reds you should also set it to monitor attributes 1 and 200. Click on the disk to get to its settings and add those Custom attributes.

Looks like it recently passed extended SMART test, but it is showing those attributes non-zero, and syslog is showing IDNF and UNC errors.

Run another extended test.

Hi trul,

Sorry for later reply. I changed all the SATA cables, the case tower for another one because on the other old case tower didn't fit the drives fine and had to connect many power extenders to those drives, this is bad sure. Now all the disk including the bad disk are working fine and now the content is being reconstructed  on Disk 1 so I run the extender test and I will tell you the results.

On 11/12/2020 at 4:10 PM, trurl said:

The CRC error count won't reset, but you can acknowledge the current count on the Dashboard page by clicking on the warning, and it will warn you again if the count increases.

Greetings, 

I already did that, thanks for guide.

Well referring to this: 

I set that like this 1, 200 on SMART attribute notifications, see the attached screenshoots and tell me if it is correct. If i run extended SMART from disk1 then you get an error inmediatly and the scan stops.

thanks.

SMART.png

SMART 2.png