Issues with drives dropping out.

unraid-diagnostics-20201115-1453.zip

I am at a loss at this point.  A little stress out.

Disk 1-2, 4-14 are recoverable.  In theory I have no parity left and the only way to recover Disk 3 is for a rebuild to go successfully.  SDD is the former Disk 4.

I think I have some sort of bad IO issue???  Going to go check the cables.  As I have had several drives drop out.  10Tb drive i was rebuilding to has dropped out; it was to be the repalcement Disk 3.  Bought a 14 TB WD. It was to be the replacement for Disk 4.  But I cant add it to the array as it is too large.

Any idea why my drives are dropping out?  How do i replace disk 3 and disk 4 with 14tb drives?  I know that i should swap them to parity. But I don't want to do that now.

SDE, SDQ, both have SMART errors, and are old, never removed them.  I dont really want to rebuild over SDD as then I am putting that data at risk as well.

2.JPG

1.jpg

18 hours ago, [email protected] said:

SDE, SDQ, both have SMART errors, and are old, never removed them.  I dont really want to rebuild over SDD as then I am putting that data at risk as well.

Some things unclear about your post, but this in particular doesn't seem relevant or related unless you have left out some important details.

sde,sdq are Unassigned and being precleared. From diagnostics it doesn't look like these were ever assigned to the array so I don't see what they have to do with rebuilding anything.

18 hours ago, [email protected] said:

How do i replace disk 3 and disk 4 with 14tb drives?  I know that i should swap them to parity. But I don't want to do that now.

No parity disk can be smaller than any data disk. So both parities will need to be replaced before you can use 14TB disks for data. Or you could go to single parity after you get your array stable again and so you would not have to replace parity2.