Replacing cache drive, is this guide still the best instruction in Nov 2020?

Ouze

Hello all,

My cache drive is no longer big enough for what I store on it. I want to replace my single 500gb SDD with a 1TB SSD.

I did a search, and I found this guide: https://wiki.unraid.net/Replace_A_Cache_Drive  which seems straightforward, but it's also pretty old. I believe it was last updated in 2017, before cache pools were a thing.

Is that above tutorial still the best way to do it, or is it better do something with cache pool shenanigans (add the new drive to a cache pool, and then subtract the original drive) or some other new way of doing it that I hadn't found in my search?

I am terrified of doing this wrong and screwing up my Plex install.

Thank you!

Edited by Ouze
typo

When I did mine I copied everything that isn't in the appdata folder to a share and used the CA Backup/Restore plugin and used it to create a backup of all my appdata to a share. Swapped out my SSD and then used the restore feature of the CA Backup/Restore plugin. 

Even if you are a little nervous you can easily just copy everything to a share on your network, but for me using the Backup/Restore of the of plugin made it super easy.