Game Controller in Win10 vm.

frodr

Hi,

I am running a GameVM/Win10 Pro. I have problem to get a Fantatec Game Controller (Wheel base, wheel and pedals) to work properly. Most things work but  Force Feedback is not working as it should. Both wheel and base are connected to a passthrough ASMedia USB pcie-card. The pcie-card is binded to vfio, see picture. I can see the game devices in the Fantatec driver software, but not in the Device Manager.

Have I done the binding correct?

Any tricks and tips to get the game devices visible in the VM Device Manager?

1986482126_Screenshot2020-11-25at19_28_29.thumb.png.0fe7ba9a79f3b88774b33a65bf98c578.png

Cheers,

Frode

maxx-diagnostics-20201125-1933.zip

Anyone, please?

I had hoped that I could get a Win 10 game vm to work without major limitations. But not seeing attached usb game devices in Device Manager seems to be a major limitation. Next will be to run Windows on a (no one will buy here in Norway) Supermicro Workstation with 2 x Xeon Silver 4116, which seems a bit overkill, or buy a AMD 5950X processor and mainboard. Which cost more than a get for the Supermicro.