[Solved] Possible to Move Trial Setup to an Old USB Drive?

denzo

I have setup a new Unraid server using a trial key and I just found my (old/previous) USB drive with it's Pro License, is there a way to transfer the old key to the new USB drive? Or transfer the new set-up to the "old" USB drive? I read the wiki but my situation didn't seem to apply.

Edited by denzo

The licence is tied to a particular USB drive.  You basically have 2 options:

• Copy the config folder and all bz* type files from the one with the trial licence to the old stick to transfer your settings from the trial stick to the one with the pro licence.
  • Copy the pro key file from the one with the pro licence to the config folder on the trial stick and follow the procedure for transferring the pro licence to the new one (which will end up blacklisting the old one)

@denzo, I would do the second option that @itimpi suggested UNLESS you used a very cheap UBS flash drive to setup the trail key drive.   The key transfer from an old flash drive to a new one is virtually automatic  from the GUI (once a year).  (If a second transfer would be required, you would have to contact LimeTech and provide them with an explanation of the circumstances in your request.) 

In any case, Do not lose the contents of either flash drive before you get one or the other working with the new server.  I would like to recommend that you make a backup of both flash drives before even proceeding from the point you are currently at.