Windows VM shows black screen with GPU passthrough

GianniT5

Hi! I am new to unraid and am having trouble getting my Windows 10 VM to display on my monitor. The VM boots fine when selecting VNC and remoting in but passing through a GPU just gives me a black screen. Any ideas?? I get a display when using linux. 

I have tried editing the XML to move the GPU and Sound Card on the same slot. Made sure everything is in a separate IMOU group and uploading my GPU rom from Techpowerup. I have also set PCIe ACS override to both. 

I am trying to pass through a Quadro M6000 12GB. The only thing i can think of is i may need a second GPU as my CPU does not have integrated graphics but i thought unraid can boot in headless mode? 

Edited by GianniT5
spelling correction
On 11/25/2020 at 10:08 AM, GianniT5 said:

Hi! I am new to unraid and am having trouble getting my Windows 10 VM to display on my monitor. The VM boots fine when selecting VNC and remoting in but passing through a GPU just gives me a black screen. Any ideas?? I get a display when using linux. 

I have tried editing the XML to move the GPU and Sound Card on the same slot. Made sure everything is in a separate IMOU group and uploading my GPU rom from Techpowerup. I have also set PCIe ACS override to both. 

I am trying to pass through a Quadro M6000 12GB. The only thing i can think of is i may need a second GPU as my CPU does not have integrated graphics but i thought unraid can boot in headless mode? 

Also note: Linux Fedora works fine passthrough using the M6000. 

Never tried passing through a Quadro before, but can't imagine its much different.  Since the motherboard doesn't have an onboard graphics device, you either need another GPU for the host or you can try some of the more advanced GPU pass through techniques from SpaceInvaderOne: