(SOLVED) Unreachable server IP on a new install

New user, just built the server, and trying it out. Chose the latest stable version (6.8.3) and specified the static IP during the boot USB creation. Unraid booted fine; however, once up I couldn't reach the server by its IP, nor could ping the gateway from Unraid's shell. I then tried the latest available beta (6.9.0-beta35) configuring the boot USB the very same way, and everything worked.

I'm not running a test server so would like to use the stable rather than the beta version. Any idea what might be causing the stable version not work properly? My motherboard is Asus Pro Q470M-C/CSM, which uses Intel I219-LM. I thought that Intel network card was supported.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Edited by programaxer
Missing word
5 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

No NIC driver in v6.8 you need to use the beta or get an add-on NIC.

Thank you for a quick reply. I do have Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter add-on NIC I can try. According to Intel it's using Intel 82574L chipset. Is that one supported by v6.8? I checked NIC compatibility list, and it's not explicitly listed; however, it's an old card, and I wonder if that's supported.

14 minutes ago, ChatNoir said:

Much more people with perfectly good system with beta than with issues I think.

And most of the time it is the transition that cause problem, not the beta itself (in 90% of the cases).

The beta has some significant benefits, especially regarding SSD, etc.

Sounds good, thank you. I will stick with the beta then.

• programaxer changed the title to (SOLVED) Unreachable server IP on a new install