I have a HDD that's vibrating

SPOautos

I have four 6TB hdd's and one of them is vibrating more than the others. I can hear it and I identified which drive by just touching the top of each. The other 3 had no vibration at all, couldnt even tell they were on, but this one has substantial vibration and a buzzing.

It's not showing any errors and it benchmarked the same as it always has (and same as other 3) so performance seems fine.

Does this mean its dieing?

Edited by SPOautos

It just seems like with vibration that there has to be something going wrong with the mechanics.

I have a 12TB hdd that I have been wanting to use for my parity drive so I just installed it and the parity is being rebuilt with the new parity drive. Originally I was going to take the old parity drive and add it to the array but now I'm thinking I might should just use it to replace this drive that's vibrating. What would be the best way to do that? Right now that old parity drive is listed as a unassigned device.....what is the best way to use it to replace the vibrating drive? Or would you guys just add the old parity to the array and just let the vibrating one ride until is starts to show errors?

Post up your complete Diagnostics file (in a new post, please) so the Gurus will have be able to look at the SMART report.    Tools    >>>   Diagnostics 

Be sure to tell us which drive it is by listing the disk # in your new post.  

Oh, make sure that the disk is not doing something different from what the other disks are doing.  (Like, writing files to just that disk while a parity check is also occurring.  You can generally tell this by looking at the disk activity on the Main page/tab)

Edited by Frank1940