• Unraid OS Version 7.0.0-beta.1 available

ljm42

This version of Unraid OS includes significant improvements across all subsystems, while attempting to maintain backward compatibility as much as possible. For this reason, we determined it appropriate to bump the version up to 7.0. Be assured, this is still a free upgrade. Please see the release notes for all the details.

This is BETA software. Please use on test servers only.

This announce post is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic in the Prereleases board. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

Upgrade steps for this release

1. Read the release notes.
    2. As always, prior to upgrading, create a backup of your USB flash device:  "Main/Flash/Flash Device Settings" - click "Flash Backup".
    3. Update all of your plugins. This is critical for the Connect, NVIDIA and Realtek plugins in particular.
    4. If the system is currently running 6.12.0 - 6.12.6, we're going to suggest that you stop the array at this point. If it gets stuck on "Retry unmounting shares", open a web terminal and type:
      umount /var/lib/docker

The array should now stop successfully.

5. If you have a recent release or Unraid Connect installed:
      • Open the dropdown in the top-right of the Unraid webgui and click Check for Update, then press More options and switch to the Next branch. You may be prompted to sign in to access the Next branch. Select the appropriate version and choose "View changelog to Start Update". More details in this blog post
    6. If you don't have the Check for Update option in the upper right corner:
      • Either install the Unraid Connect plugin or upgrade to 6.12.10 first. Then check for updates as described above.
    7. Wait for the update to download and install
    8. If you have any plugins that install 3rd party drivers (NVIDIA, Realtek, etc), wait for the notification that the new version of the driver has been downloaded. 
    9. Reboot

This announce post is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic in the Prereleases board. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

• Like 18
    • Upvote 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

8 minutes ago, stry8993 said:

Gotta be honest... I'm with @bmartino1 I thought this was the place to report bugs. The guidance on that is a bit confusing and could use some clarity. Especially, and I'm speaking for myself here, someone new to Unraid and it's Betas, but would still like to contribute to make it better for everyone even if its only in a small way.

This thread is for quick questions. If you have a bug or need a lot of back and forward with devs create a new tasks in prerelease,

• Like 1
    32 minutes ago, bmartino1 said:

I have no problem making a separate forum post for this... My understanding is that this is the place to post bug reports... Especially for a beta...

& @stry8993 please see the last paragraph from the announcement post.

32 minutes ago, bmartino1 said:

Diagnostic wouldn't pull this data from my last check which is why one was not posted...

Diagnostics will help to see how your network is configured, at least how Docker and the Network settings are and of course your screenshots.

• Thanks 1
    2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

& @stry8993 please see the last paragraph from the announcement post.

Diagnostics will help to see how your network is configured, at least how Docker and the Network settings are and of course your screenshots.

Thank you ICH777 I missed that as well:

This announce post is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic in the Prereleases board. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if there's a good reason you can't add a sub pool cache to the array?
    I'm running a small array of two mirrored drives so caching with an nvme would be very beneficial for my system. 
    I'm just unsure whether I should wait for the stable version to arrive, hoping that'll allow me to add l2arc cache to the array, or if I should see if i can rebuild my array as a pool instead?

Kilrah

Posted (edited)

In the array each drive is an independent filesystem. You need pools to use filesystem-based multi drive features.

Edited by Kilrah
    On 7/22/2024 at 7:08 PM, Kilrah said:

In the array each drive is an independent filesystem. You need pools to use filesystem-based multi drive features.

So in theory I should just add both drives to a pool, set them to mirror and add an l2arc sub pool?
    Is there any disadvantage to using the drives in a pool instead of on the array?
    Seems like a bit of a shame this isn't a feature for larger arrays - could potentially save a lot of spin ups over time.
    I'm still fairly new to unraid and how nas and file systems work, so bear with me if what I say sounds dum haha